Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
$179
$143
City View Inn(Long Island City)
$158
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$129
$110
Travelocity
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Red Carpet Inn(Brooklyn)
$145
Travelocity
$147
$110
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$209
  • Fitness center
Bogart Hotel(Brooklyn)
$159
$169
$159
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Restaurant
Feather Factory Hotel(Long Island City)
$150
$146
All reviewsfree breakfast in the morningclean hotelfresh fruitmanhattanneighborhooduber
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my first stay at this HIE as I stayed before a flight home at LGA. My rating is deceiving - I would give the staff and their helpfulness and courtesy an "excellent." As a Platinum, they are what I expect from HIE in terms of top notch service and attention. The rooms and hotel are clean and well-appointed - I did not have to ask for anything additional. However, the location is the issue. Convenient to LGA airport, it is in the midst of a commercial area with I-495 at the front door. Even with a room on the backside of the hotel away from the freeway, I still heard some traffic noise as well as the trucks coming and going on the side streets. I'm a sound sleeper, so I wasn't bothered; but, light sleepers may need to be higher up away from noise. McDonald's is next door for fast-food enthusiasts, but a number of the other sit-down eateries are about a 10 minute walk away. Not totally convenient. But - aside from the location, I will stay here again because of the attention and professionalism of the staff.

Room Tip: A room on the away-from-freeway side of the hotel on a higher floor would help reduce noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Millionmiletravelers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Millionmiletravelers,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provided. One of the greatest rewards is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for you did not find our location convenient to your needs. We regret that this has negatively impacted your stay with us. Nevertheless, it was real pleasure hearing that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit.

Your patronage and support to the hotel are very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dhan M

Reviewed July 10, 2013

During our stay in New York at the end of June we took a double room for two nights. The location of the hotel is unfortunately extremely unfavorable, located right next to a gas station and very close to I-495, enough parking lots were available. Public transportation (bus / metro) is reachable by foot (~6 min. to the next bus stop Q59) or by the hotel's shuttle, but it only runs once every hour and only to the nearest metro station.

The male staff at the reception was not very friendly when we checked in, we did not feel very welcome from the start. I told him that we wanted to spend our wedding anniversary here and asked if he could offer us something special for this, but he just ignored it. We got a room in the basement for $ 165 (plus tax) per night with a window directly onto the parking lot behind the hotel.

However, the room was very nice, although the overall space in the room was quite scarce. The king size bed was definitely a dream, the bathroom was quite large and very clean. The equipment of the room was very good, there was a large flatscreen tv, telephone, hairdryer, safe and a office table. The air conditioning worked well and was not too loud.

After we had checked into our room we wanted to use the shuttle to get to the metro station, but at the front desk I was (again from the unfriendly guy) told that the shuttle only runs until 6 pm (it was 6:02 pm at that time). Fortunately, the female staff at the reception was much more friendly, they gave me an overview map and explained to me the way to the nearest bus stop, so we were able to get to manhattan.

The next day we tried the breakfast and it was really very rich, with scrambled eggs and sausages, toast, bagels, a very good coffee and great cinnamon rolls. This was one of the positive points during our whole stay.

By 3 pm we wanted to take the shuttle to the metro station ... again there was that rude male staff at the front desk. It seemed to be a burden for him, since he was the driver of the shuttle. Not only that the metro station was in a completely different direction, he did not speak a word with us and has not even thanked for the gratuity. If hospitable and friendly service annoys him that much, he should perhaps consider another profession. This guy has almost ruined our wedding anniversary! Fortunately, at least the female staff at the reception were very friendly.

Summary:
PRO - Rooms & Equipment, breakfast
CONTRA - Location, some unfriendly staff, shuttleservice

Overall, we had a stay of 4 weeks in the United States and have seen many motels / hotels where we felt much more welcome.

Room Tip: My advice would be not to take a room in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DasBausV
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear DasBausV,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our accommodations and breakfast were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the service you received and our location. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the first review I have ever written, but our recent stay the holiday inn express maspeth was really good. We were looking for a hotel with a good rate, free parking and wifi. This holiday inn express fit the bill and more. First and foremost was the manager, Andrea - she was so nice and helpful and went out of her way to help us with subway routes and more. Thank you, Andrea! Our room was nice and clean - as was the lobby and breakfast area. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Had an enjoyable stay. Loved the theme throughout the hotel, just as every holiday inn. Got a goddie bag at check in, which helped with the bottle of water in it. Had to park on the street because parking lot was full but I didn't get a ticket or get towed so I was happy

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kumarp7
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros - Good clean rooms, free parking and wifi, friendly hotel staff in a neat Queens/Brooklyn neighbourhood. Easy access to Manhatten by bus and cheap taxi ride back at the end of the night. Right beside a convenience store, gas station and McDonalds for late night hunger!

Cons -. While the neighbourhood overall is pretty neat during the day, I have to say we didn't feel very safe at night. Saturday night modified sports cars and motorbikes revved into the wee hours of the morning. Shuttle to and from the airport and subway station only runs on weekdays :(

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CSchmidtke
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear CSchmidtke,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff. However, I am sorry that you encountered some issues with noise. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.