“Cheap, but filthy.”

Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The room was filthy. Bathroom disgusting. You get what you pay for I guess. The location was not too desirable, but the hotel did have excellent access to car service. The staff was friendly. The lobby had some kind of fake air scent that was overpowering.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear jeffs518,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel staff and access to car service. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The HIE in Maspeth is about a 10 minute drive from Laguardia Airport, which is why we stayed there. The hotel is situated in a warehouse-type of neighborhood. Parking lot was small but safe (chain link fence). Room was small but clean. Beds were okay. Unfortunately our room faced I-495 with traffic noise all night ... especially the hole or bump in the road that many of the trucks seemed to hit. But the place served its purpose, as we needed to drop someone off at LGA very early in the morning, and someone else at JFK later in the morning. If you like McDonalds, there's one next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not facing the interstate. Close to Laguardia airport.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NYBike
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean. Inexpensive for NYC area. Pleasant staff. Water pressure terrible as lately is a recurring issue with Holiday Inns. I wonder if it is a money saving ploy? TV was pretty poor but don't watch much. Internet service moderately weak.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I travel a lot for business and find this location convenient to all Burroughs of NYC. This hotel was completely redone a couple of years back and I have never had a bad stay. One of the things I like the most is the rooms are clean, new and updated. For dinner I love the Chinese place (Super Bowl) right behind it. There are also some great Pizza Places, a gas station/variety store right out front and tons of delivery options. This comes in handy after a long day in the city and sometimes not having transportation. The staff here is always very accomidating...just a great place to stay. Only thing preventing me from giving 5 stars is that the rates fluctuate so much...sometimes reasonable, sometimes too high.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NEFANMAN
Reviewed December 15, 2012

All the recent comments are very accurate. The hotel is perfect for those who are driving as you have on site parking available. The location doesn't suit a pleasant 2.7 mile stroll to the train station. The web site clearly states there is a shuttle every hour Monday to Friday to the train station which is right beside a large mall (JC Penneys etc) with two other malls within easy walking distance. My favourite stores Marshalls and Best Buy were only a 10 minute walk from the station (In opposite directions)
The hotel staff are very efficient and helpful, including organising a taxi drop off since I had arrived on the weekend.
Taxi into Manhatten without tolls was quoted as $34.00.

If you are flying into Newark, as i did, there are two shuttle services which deliver door to door to the hotel and the charge is $50 not $140 as mentioned in a previous review. Go to the Transportation Desk on the Ground Floor, not the one as you come through arrivals on the first floor.

Only negative comments is I don't recommend the pancakes from the machine. This is one item that still needs to be hand made. The issue with the televisions is being addressed every day as the hotel as just upgraded the entire infrastructure and networking which seems to have created more problems than it solved.

Room Tip: Chose fifth floor, in the centre away from ice and vending machine machine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank wajela
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was too far from anywhere for us to really be able to relax and enjoy our stay in New York. We booked here and thought it would be a good base for getting in and out of New York. The reality is you have to brave cabs to get anywhere as it's two miles to the subway and they all claim not to know where the hotel is and try to fleece you by driving around the longest possible routes. (It cost us $80 a day in cab fares ...plus $140 to get from Newark to the hotel.

The hotel was clean and the room spacious, however the racing of cars outside was a real issue and in my four night stay I only slept once past three a.m.

Breakfast was nice, although one morning my step-daughter and I had to share it with a prostitute who was dressed in red mini dress and fishnets..... and seemed to be piling food into a bag! She told me loudly about her occupation and what she'd been doing in the hotel......

Finally there wasn't much to do in the evenings as we were too far to go back into town and it was a 20-5 minute walk to the sports bar in Maspeth and the restaurants. It is a bit like living on an industrial estate near the freeway. The staff at Reception were helpful, but I wish I'd not fallen for the sales pitch that this was a good base for visiting New York, as it left us all feeling fed up and disappointed, which I wouldn't had I stayed closer to Manhatten.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have to say I was very skeptical about staying at the Holiday Inn Express Maspeth after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleasantly surprised. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean and the breakfast was fresh and more than sufficient in quality, variety and quantity.

This is a Holiday Inn Express! And it is an excellent Holiday Inn Express, to the Trip Advisor contributors who try and measure it against a 5* resort in Vegas, you are a bunch of idiots!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspeth
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Best Western Long Island City
Best Western Long Island City
#22 of 33 in Long Island City
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#30 of 33 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth? Share your experiences!