“Not a good stay when you can't use the toilet in your room!”

Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I checked in close to 10pm and the nice gentleman promptly check me in to by basement room as all other rooms were full. He offered to move me to another room had I been staying more than one night. I must admit that in all my years of traveling this is the first time I've been in a hotel that has rooms in the basement. The room C12 was pleasant and clean and I had a decent nights sleep despite the busy front of entrance to the hotel being outside of my room windows. The problem was when I woke up the next morning and attempted to use the toilet only to find it blocked. For fear of causing a flood, I got creative. At check-out, I informed the young woman on duty and she seemed unphased. This is my 2nd stay at this hotel and this stay pales in comparison to my last.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ladyinmaryland

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Easy check-in, convenient parking lot, right off of the LIE. Breakfast is included and fast -- fruit included and hot, hot water for my tea. Coffee & tea in room. No tub, but nice big shower. Everything is clean and feels new. Room was quiet and I was right next to the elevator. Views are not worth anything, but that's not the reason anyone will stay here.

Rosa's pizza is less than a mile away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank otsthedog
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I checked in their with some trepidation in the beginning. Then I checked inside my room. The room was clean with my 2 beds in perfect order. he morning breakfast was sumptuous and the staff were very friendly and helpful!! In definitely would recommend for people coming to live in a good hotel at a good cost in New York City. Their is a bus with a subway station which is a bit far away. Apart from that I gave no qualms at all. I definitely enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AtifJAhmad
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this property. It is literally a 3 minute walk to our facility in Maspeth. The rooms are clean and very quiet. Free parking is offered and they have the typical complimentary breakfast. The plus is the free wi-fi. The negative is no refrigerator in room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyinmaryland
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The hotel is loacated just outside Manhattan so you don't have to deal with those manhattan rates. I stayed for 4 nights and it was a great business trip. Helpful staff, clean rooms and great parking.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Very clean, friendly, huge rooms, parking, shutle and the wonderful breakfast. Everything was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Best Hotel and great service....stayed here 2 weeks ago for 4 days, with my family, 2 young kids, loved it, all the staff were very helpful, very clean, no issue at all, would deffo stay again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspeth
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#30 of 33 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island Ci...
#2 of 33 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 33 in Long Island City
Days Inn Long Island City
Days Inn Long Island City
#31 of 33 in Long Island City
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth? Share your experiences!