WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Barcelona, Spain
“Maintained Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were surprised to see how well this property was maintained and taken care of. The rooms were up to date, very very clean, the housekeepers did a good job. We enjoyed the breaffast before we took the shuttle to the airport.

Suggestion- For first timer like us, it would help if there was a sign board somewhere by the highway to locate easily.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night at the end of July 2013. We were picking up family at the airport nearby the next morning, and just needed somewhere to stay close by. It is perhaps the most bizarre location for a hotel I have ever encountered-- in the middle of a residential neighbourhood and directly across the street from a gigantic cemetery. The inside of the hotel, however, is modern and clean and lovely. The staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly and overall, we were pleased with our stay. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who actually wants to see the city-- it's a million miles away from everything. But if you need to be close to the airport, it's clean convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Blabby1978
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of our trip to NYC and Washington DC and then at the end of the trip on the night before our flight left out of laguardia. Our first time here we had a room not facing the cemetery. It was much nicer than our second room which had a loud air conditioner and faced the cemetery. We really liked the free breakfast. It had waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. the best part was the free shuttle to the airport and subway. Jamie, our driver was so incredibly friendly! He picked us up and proceeded to tell us all about NYC. We had never ridden the subway so one gave us tips on that too. His great personality started out our trip in a great way. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the non cemetery side of the hotel. Rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chicago_IllinoisJjss
Sparta, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked this room and arrived fully expecting to make the best of a rough situation, based on previous reviews here. I was pleasantly surprised by our overall experience at this location, however. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and pleasant from start to finish, including the shuttle bus operators. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast satisfying. While the location (facing the Mt. Zion cemetery) isn't picturesque, the shuttle to the subway was quick and convenient. For the price, I'd definitely book this location again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

It turns out they do not service "FREE Shuttle" to JFK or Liberty. ONLY LaGuardia.... Well it turns out I arrived by Liberty and leave by JFK, why couldn't they make that very clear before booking.

I was suppose to get non-smoking room but the room was anything but non-smoking. Also rude customer receptionist.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank k k
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I arrived with my family and received an awful service from the night clerk or manager (named Michelle ... she didn't give me her lastname) with really bad attitude. I am only a client but, for sure, won't book any room in here nor recommend it.

Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Rilvo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room was inexpensive. The breakfast was plentiful. The staff was pleasant. That being said, I had a very unpleasant experience at check-in. After waiting about 3 minute for someone to come out from the back to the front desk, I was given my room and key. Just then a large man came running down the stairs carry a baby in just a diaper. Two woman were running after him. One was screaming give my niece her baby, give my niece her baby. The women were in pajamas, even though it was 4 in the afternoon. The front desk clerk did nothing. The one woman called the police and told them she was living at the Comfort Inn on Maurice Ave. Her niece was pulling down her pajamas to saw the bruises the man had inflicted on her. I got my key card and went to my room. When I got to my room anaother guest stick her nose out her door and asked me if I live in the motel. I told her no and she asked if I knew how many people were living there. I had no idea. Is the hotel still housing people from Hurricane Sandy?
The incident upset me and even though I did not see these people again, I was uncomfortable the rest of the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank RobinAss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspeth
Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#14 of 31 in Long Island City
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 11 in East Elmhurst

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!