“No complaints, just nothing to rave about”
Review of Marietta House

Marietta House
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Marietta
Description: Located on Route 174 in the hamlet of Marietta, the Marietta House is sure to offer a both unique and personal dining experience. Offering a wide selection of fresh salads, seafood, steaks, and homemade deserts our dining room and pub present a warm, inviting atmosphere every Friday and Saturday starting at 5. Located in the Finger lakes Region just short of Otisco Lake our exceptional menu and peaceful setting are sure to please.
Reviewed September 3, 2016

This was a "brown" experience. The vinyl tablecloths were a floral pattern in brown, the carpet was brown, the walls were a light tan. I'd like more vibrancy when I dine out.
Likewise, the food was "brown," as in average but not outstanding. My entree was flounder stuffed with crabmeat and scallops, and I can't say I could detect the various intended flavors; the stuffing was a mush.. On the other hand, my wife's red reuben (so-called because it's served with red cabbage) was tender and tasty, the bread toasted enough to prevent the various juices from making the bread soggy. But at $13, it was a tad pricey for a sandwich plus one side order.
Service was fine. My wife's drink order was goofed up but soon replaced, and the server was attentive but not overbearing. Then again, we were the only party in the dining room. (A wedding reception was going on at the other end of the building, but we didn't hear a peep from that large party.)
Total bill for the three of us (my son was served a decent, good-sized baked scrod) was $72 plus tip, including two cocktails and one dessert.
All in all, this is a decent place to visit if you're in the area. Maybe I'd be more impressed if they livened up the decor.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank WestvaleWally

Reviewed June 12, 2016

This was an unplanned visit and a shot in the dark, since we originally intended to try and have dinner @ the nearby Lakeside Vista restaurant, but they didn't have enough available parking there.

Plenty of parking here @ the Marrietta House though. Our waitress was friendly, the food was okay, and the dining area was pretty sterile.......very quiet, with other diners speaking very quietly and no music.

Nothing bad, nothing remarkable though either.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Marietta House is open for dinner Friday and Saturday nights from St. Patrick's Day through New Year's Eve. It is a lovely bar and dining room and has a very busy party room business. The restaurant is usually not too crowded, so there is seldom a wait. The menu is somewhat limited, but includes chicken and fish in a basket, pizza and main course entrees. Each night there are some featured specials which are usually excellent. Last night we shared the ribeye steak and it was excellent. If we can't take food home with us, we always share because the portions are too big for us. Jennifer, Dawn, Todd and the other staff are wonderful and make one's visit special.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank William G
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We decided to have dinner at the Marietta House after visiting Skaneateles, NY. The restaurant was not crowded, so we were seated immediately. My wife & I had the broiled haddock, which came with two sides. The portions were fair, the price was reasonable, the service was great. The food was good, not great. Overall, we both enjoyed our dinner and would return in the future.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank RRanella
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 1, 2007

It's near my new house!! Went here for my cousin's wedding, i enjoyed the food.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook