“Great value and a fun time”

Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Margaretville
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My ladies golf league just returned from a two day stay at Hanah. This was our third year going.
The golf was great and the course is challenging, look out for the fast greens !
I noticed an earlier review, remarked about the food. We found dinner to be delicious, ample choices, and the recommended steak, was perfect, along
with the soup and salad bar. What could be better, the staff is extremely helpful, and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carol L
There are newer reviews for Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights in connection with a business trip a week in advance ofr our arrival. When we realized that we would finish early, we sought to change our reservations. They refused to honor this and claimed they had a 2 week cancellation notice policy. What a ripoff.

The first morning we were there, we went to the restaurant for breakfast. We paid $12 a piece for a buffet that did not even come close to Old County Buffet quality. I would recommend avoiding this at all costs!!

They do not keep irons or ironing boards in the rooms. You have to go to the Golf Clubhouse to get a cheesy iron and a portable board. Even Motel 6 provides higher quality amenities!!

This hotel is definitely off of my list for any future travel to Delaware County.

Room Tip: The cancellation policy is poor, and the breakfasts are awful. My tip is stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank PamandTim T
golfersworld, Manager at Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

We are sorry your stay was not a more pleasant one. We apologize that our hotel’s policy, breakfast and amenities did not meet your satisfaction. Our reservationist did inform the woman who made the group reservation that there is a two week cancellation policy. She also emphasized that adding on the third night, than cancelling last minute would still constitute in the hotel charging for the full stay. Our confirmation email also has that information provided. We apologize if this caused any inconvenience but we must follow our company’s policies.

In regards to breakfast, our morning chef works very hard to provide quality food. He wishes to give guest multiple options to choose from. The hotel does not offer iron and ironing boards in the rooms because we do not have a high demand. We will be offering this as an in room amenity in the near future. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel and your stay and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Debra Storms

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I were married here this year. The event planner did a great job and was very helpful with all the arrangements. The food was excellent and the restaurant staff were all very friendly and professional. We stayed in the executive suite which was very nice and very clean. The views from the deck are amazing and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out! We would definitely recommend this place for a wedding!
John and Celeste Riggi

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank CelesteRiggi
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My first review of this destination regretted the terrible decor and praised the food.
Since that review my family and friends have been there multiple times to dine.The food was always first rate.
Sad to report that although the decor has improved somewhat,the long time chef has left.We were four for my birthday last night,July 6, and we all returned our food and went to a restaurant in Andes,TWO. OLD TARTS.(VG).
The tomato soup, salad greens,salmon and short ribs were not even worthy of a high school cafeteria.The presentation was awful and the cooking was worse.The quality defies description.
We paid for our champagne and one appetizer which,although not as described,was edible.
Now to our waitress. She had no concept of the dishes;she dropped something on the table and she tried to pop the cork on a screw top champagne bottle!
What a disaster.
We will NEVER return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank RDBOOK

We apologize for the unpleasant dining experience you had on your birthday. We are confident in our current Executive Chef whom replaced our previous one. We do not believe he was the issue, had he known you were unhappy with your meals, he would have fixed or prepared another entrée for you. We recognize the problem could have been rectified earlier had the waitress made the chef or a manager aware of the problems occurring at the table.
We understand her service was lacking. She was at the end of her training and seemed to have needed more direction before waiting tables on her own. Had a manager been notified at the first problem we strongly believe we could have resolved the issue quickly and you could have continued your dinner happily. The dining room manager and other staff now know of your unpleasant dinner. We can only aspire to meet guest satisfaction and not have mishaps like this again.

Debra Storms

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I went out for a Father's Day Dinner tonight at the Hanah. We are foodies and like to go around and experience different restaurants, and we were excited to try what the Hanah had to offer. We both started with the French onion soup, and I have to say that this may have been the best French onion soup I ever had. The broth had a wonderful flavor, and everything within was, and on top, was delicious. I then ordered the blackened ribeye steak. --> WOW!!! <--The steak was topped with an au jus that gave it an hibachi flavor that was amazing!!! It also came with a smoked gouda polenta, and a vegetable medley. I highly recommend this dish. My wife had a pasta dish (freshly made pasta) with fennel and other vegetables. I can't remember the name of the dish, but I tried it, and it was another winner! For dessert we had a chocolate cake topped with a caramel sauce, with a path that led across the plate that was made with a raspberry drizzle and mandarin orange slices and led to a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream that was placed over a toffee cookie. And on top of all of the good food, the waitress was great. This just became our new favorite restaurant in and around the area. We will be back soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Got invited there by a friend to stay overnight and play some golf. What a great place this is! I loved everything about it. Clean resort, friendly staff, really nice rooms, very comfortable, had great sleep (something I really needed) . The course itself was a bit challenging for the beginner, bring a lot of balls. A lot of water hazards and some holes where narrow which leaves little room for error. Still a great time! I played a lot better the second day once I got to know the course. Take advantage of the spring specials on their web site. Overall for the Catskill, this place is definitely a must. I should also mention they have the best burgers around, bbq down by the 1st Tee, excellent burger (really) . Myself and my friends will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Bring extra golf balls for the first day if you never played there before. Try the burger at the gri...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank from10801
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My two friends & I arrived on a Thursday about 11 am. Surprisingly, though check in is at 3 pm, our rooms were ready. We went to our rooms to unpack before our round of golf. They were clean with a very decent size bathroom. The golf course at Hanahs' was in great shape and really scenic, nestled in among the mountains. My only knock against Hanahs' is the food. We had a pub menu for dinner which was okay & the breakfast buffet was just okay. Not much choice for a buffet breakfast. We wanted to get a bite for lunch but there was nothing to be had in the whole place. We had to drive into town to get a bite to eat. Over all, the room was nice, the golf was terrific but the food was nothing to brag about. This was our second trip there, mainly for the golf and we will definately go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MikeWB68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margaretville
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 2 in Margaretville
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!