“Great room in the middle of nowhere!”

Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Maplecrest B&B and Inns
New York
“Great room in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I went here in the summer for a weekend, to attend a festival at Hunter Mountain.

The room was cozy, comfy, nice, clean, and warm.

Breakfast was excellent. There was a buffet for toast, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice; with a hot breakfast made to order.

Our hosts were very accomodating, as we had a late arrival. IF you do anticipate a late arrival, please call, and let them know. It's a very small bed and breakfast. There was not a sign on the road, and it was a little difficult to locate on a very dark street late at night.

We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I just recently participated in a Warrior Dash at Wyndham Mountain, and my friends and I stayed at this charming little bed and breakfast nearby in Maplecrest, NY. The Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast was an affordable place, close to the Wyndham mountain and perfect for a week or a weekend long stay year around. There is a small creek in the back of the house that you can walk along, or just relax, and even take a dip in a man made “hot tub”. Rooms were clean, plenty of parking in the front of the house, very friendly owners and an amazing breakfast! I had the best Belgium waffles ever, while my other friends opted for cheese filled crapes. Simply delicious!
At night, after our race, we relaxed by the fire pit, and roasted marshmallows. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Muni O
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Mountain Treasure for one night during our weekend trip to the Catskill Mountains to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Recently renovated, the place is very nice and immaculately clean. Our room (Art Nouveau) was very quiet and looked exactly like in the website pictures. Agnes was exceptionally sweet and accommodating and prepared a delicious breakfast including home-made bread (!), cake, eggs, Belgian waffles, fruit, and more. This B&B is conveniently located not far from the Windham Mountain Ski Resort. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely choose Mountain Treasure again if we're in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank member2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Clean as a whistle, comfortable rooms with Wi-Fi and flat screen TV's, individual A/C units. Great toiletries. Agnes and her husband are super sweet and accommodating, and provide an amazing home cooked (and cooked-to-order!!!!) breakfast every day! There is an awesome stream right behind the house. We absolutely loved our stay and will definitely be going back! Close to Kaaterskills Falls, hiking, Windham, Hunter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveln1nja
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at The Mountain Treasure B&B. I stay at Inns the world over and consider myself particular. I prefer smaller inns and always make a phone call to the inn prior to booking. When I called I had a wonderful conversation with Agnes and gathered that she actually wanted us to stay at The Mountain Treasure. I know this sounds odd, but there are many inns in business that are just that...business.

The inn is stunning, it was a gut and rebuild of an old tavern. I stayed in the 'Fiddler on the Roof' room and it was just as described. One very unique aspect of the inn was that during the rebuild, Agnes and her husband put in SOUNDPROOF WALLS! Yes folks, soundproof! Breakfast the next morning was OUTSTANDING. Agnes accommodated an early breakfast request (8AM) and greeted use with a huge smile, wonderful conversation, and absolutely delicious breakfast.

The inn is amazing, the owners are the most kind and warm people I have met. You will not go wrong with The Mountain Treasure B&B. I will be staying here should I return to the area in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure to call the inn directly if you want help selecting your room. My room did not have televisi...
Tarrytown
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Yes The Mountain Treasure B&B is Truly a Treasure. Such a beautiful place, The cleanest Inn we have ever been in, The best sleep we had in a long time it's like we were sleeping on a cloud, All the rooms are stunning with a warm feeling and the breakfast WOW! bacon eggs, fruit and home make cake! We want more...The inn keepers are wonderful, so friendly and accommodating! We had a GREAT time and will be BACK!!!

1 Thank Denise Tar T
New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Mountain Treasure B&B is truly a treasure. It is immaculate, beautiful and peaceful.. with lots of attention to details.

Clean as a whistle. The rooms are charming and breakfast room as well. The breakfast is out of this world.
The best parts of the B&B are the wonderful owners. We had an amazing time getting to know everyone and felt like part of the family. They even gave us a surprise party with champagne and cake (we had an occasion and they made it very special!!)

This is simply one of the warmest and most relaxing places I have ever been.
We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you and see you again!!

1 Thank Kisunya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maplecrest
Albergo Allegria
#3 of 6 in Hunter
Beds On Clouds
Beds On Clouds
#1 of 9 in Windham

Been to Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!