We have recently returned from a wonderful Honeymoon at Le Preskil from 7th to 21st June 2010. We arrived early in the morning after a long flight and were given a very friendly welcome, a cocktail and a cold flannel. We hadn’t expected our room to be ready until the afternoon so were pleasantly surprised when we were told that it should be ready by about 11. We were able to go and have breakfast straight away, our luggage was looked after by the porters until the room was ready and there were changing rooms available to freshen up.
The hotel itself is very impressive and well designed. The buildings are beautiful and the communal rooms huge and airy. They have thought of everything! We had room 176 which is a lagoon honeymoon room. It was situated close to the beach and Tapas restaurant with lovely views, far enough from the bar to be quiet but only a short walk for drinks and meals. Inside, the room was a good size with a very big and very comfortable bed. It was cleaned immaculately every day and the bed was turned down every evening while we were at dinner.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The level of service was always excellent, especially from the staff in Charka and Tapas and from Lindsay in the bar.
The beach is spacious and clean. The sand is quite coarse and corally but at least this means it doesn’t blow around in the wind. There were always plenty of sunbeds available although I imagine it would be busier in peak season. Each parasol had a flag you could raise for bar service, however we found this worked much better if you were close to the bar. The beach boys rarely venture to the far end of the beach so we chose to take drinks from our minibar (most are included in the all inclusive package) with us instead as we preferred the quiet end of the beach. The sea in the lagoon is very shallow for quite a long way, however when it is windy there are quite strong currents to watch out for. It was quite weedy underfoot which we found a little unpleasant. Also watch out for the sea urchins – we took rubber shoes with us. The glass bottom boat trips organised by the hotel are definitely worth doing. There was a free one which went out in the lagoon and another to Blue Bay which at 10 Euros we found to be very good value and the snorkelling was excellent.
We went on an all inclusive basis and were very glad we did as the drinks in the hotel were very expensive. We found the all inclusive option to be very good value, especially as we were able to eat in the Charka and Tapas restaurants in the evening for no extra charge. Not all drinks are included but we found there was a very good selection which are clearly indicated and the bar staff were happy to mix different cocktails for us from the all inclusive spirits. If you see Lindsay in the bar ask him to mix you his special blue cocktail – it is amazing! The buffet restaurant had a good selection of food and it was all good quality, however we much preferred to eat in the other restaurants. Charka is an amazing steakhouse serving South African steaks. The fillet was the best steak I have ever tasted! They also have a selection of other meals on their a la carte menu and everything on the menu is included in the all inclusive package. Tapas (which does not serve tapas!) specialises in seafood but there are always other options on the menu. They have a table d’hote menu with a few choices for each course and this changes every day. This menu is included in the all inclusive package but you can chose to eat from their a la carte menu (mainly lobster and king prawns) for a supplement. You can also eat in Tapas at lunch time but there is an additional charge for this.
My only criticism of the hotel is with the spa. We had a duo massage as part of our honeymoon package and I found it quite vigorous and painful. I did feel more relaxed after it but I had bruises on my back the next day which put me off using the spa again.
All in all it was a fantastic honeymoon and we would thoroughly recommend Le Preskil to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg