We have just returned home from a very pleasant stay at Le Preskil Beach Resort, Mauritius.
We were greeted after a long flight via Dubai with a welcome drink and a refreshing hot towel. We were shown around the resort before being offered a chance to shower, change as we arrived early and our room would not be ready.
We stayed on a half board basis which suited our needs as the upgrade was 55 Euros per day would not be VFM (value for money). There is a good supermarket called the London Way about a 15 min walk and there are plenty of friendly taxis waiting to take you back with your purchases at very good rates. Don't be put off by the taxi touts as they are generally friendly and are open to negotiation on the price. A one way trip to the supermarket will be about 50 rupees. The hotel staff are generally friendly, particularly the room maids who make the rooms look great. I would upgrade if you can to the cottages as the rooms are bigger and more private. The food is good and plentiful, but its worth making time for the two speciality restaurants which costs 15 euros extra, well worth it. Water sports are available and most are free to use.The catamaran day out is well worth the 40 Euros.
Out and about there are lots of things to do. we did a package trip of Walking with lions, lunch and a two hour quad bikes safari at Casaela Park near Flic and Flac, An excellent package and very memorable (£97 pp). Port Louis is a must with an excellent indoor market but be prepared to haggle and hide your valuables, just common sense advice !
A beautiful island with lovely people and a very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg