We arrived in Preskil Beach Resort late on the 6th December this month and the lady who checked us in was so efficient and helpful. We were given a welcome drink and then were shown to our rooms. They were charming, fresh and clean and not too far from the main restaurant and entertainment area. We had a wonderful dinner and as we travelled on the all inclusive package deal were able to enjoy a variety of drinks. This is the only way to travel and we didn't have to worry about food and drinks. Anything with a red asterisk is available to those on the all inclusive deal. We enjoyed wine, champagne and cocktails from 10 in the morning until midnight. The sight that greeted us the next morning was indeed magical There are a number of beaches and it is advisable to collect your towels before breakfast and book your spot under a shaded gazebo. There are loungers to relax on and a flag system attached to the pole of the gazebo. You simply push the green flag up and within a few minutes a lady or gentleman will arrive to take your order. Simply heavenly especially in the blazing heat.
The lady in charge of the towels had a remarkable memory and knew our surname and room number after our first visit. We were able to swim in the azure blue sea and just beyond the rope that encloses the swimming area is the most beautiful coral and fish. it is a very good idea to take your own snorkel and mask, fins are not really necessary.
My son occupied himself with wake boarding and paddling on kayaks which were free activities. My girls loved tanning and swimming in the pool or in the sea. There was also a trip in a glass bottom boat and the snorkeling was amazing!! The highlight of our trip was a magnificent trip on a catamaran to Ile Aux Cerf. The crew were so friendly and helpful and the price included all food and drinks. We stopped after an hour and were able to snorkel far out to sea in 1 m water. What an incredible adventure, the coral was alive with fish of all varieties. We then went to see a waterfall and while taking photographs the crew cooked fish, chicken and sausage on a braai. This was served with delicious salads and lovely drinks. We then went ashore to explore Ile Aux Cerf and buy a few presents. Remember to barter!
What a beautiful day!
The meals were absolutely delicious and every evening had a theme and on a few occasions there was a show. Just remember to take roll on mozzie spray as the mozzies were out in full force. All the rooms have air conditioners so there is no problem with mozzies in them. There was such a variety of food and the waitors were most attentive. It was a holiday of a life time!
It is also a good idea to visit the local town of Mahebourg as we were able to buy many presents there. We also went to Port Louis and we were impressed with the mall with an avenue of colourful umbrellas.
We highly recommend Preskil beach Resort if you are interested in a laid back holiday filled with adventure, delicious food and glorious cocktails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg