My husband and I have juts returned from a 2 week honeymoon at Preskil and it's an understatement to say we miss it! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we felt we were treated like celebrities- refreshing cocktail upon arrival, clear information about the resort and the all inclusive option, taken straight to our room and extremely helpful staff whenever we needed information. We upgraded before we arrived to the all inclusive option and a penthouse room- this was well worth the money. The all inclusive option is brilliant value for money, as you can choose to eat dinner in either of the three restaurants and you can eat lunch in a choice of two places. The mini bar in the room is also replenished daily as part of the service, which we found excellent service. The room was amazing! Huge, luxurious, view to die for. We particularly loved the fact that we could sit in the huge bath tub and watch tv, due to the open plan layout of the room. We did look in some of the other rooms and would definitely recommend a penthouse if you are planning on staying for longer than a week.
The resort itself is very clean and tidy, even the beach. It's a public beach so there are beach hawkers but they are very polite if you tell them you aren't interested. The flag system works very well and the choice of free water sports is great! We particularly recommend the glass bottom boat trip.
The food is very good- I think eating in the buffet restaurant all the would become a bit repetitive, but with the other restaurants too, there's lots of variety. The reviews about the steak house are all correct- amazing steak and great service. The Tapas bar was also great- we loved the lobster and the bread sticks! We mostly ate lunch in the bar- rather limited menu but it has the staples such as burger and hotdogs- a nice touch is they serves fresh crepes in the afternoon, which we took full advantage of. Breakfast is probably the most disappointing buffet, with all the usual items, but we did find it cold on a couple of occasions. It's great that the eating times are long, it gives people much more freedom when planning their day. As a honeymoon treat, we were given a 'free' candlelit mean- this sounds great until you realise that to have it anywhere outside the buffet restaurant (the gazebo, the jetty, the beach), you have to pay a surcharge. We paid to have it in the gazebo, and although the venue was lovely, we felt a bit forgotten about as we had to wait an hour and a half for our meal- a bit disappointing considering we had paid to be treated specially.
We also got two free couples massages as part of out honeymoon package, which were lovely. We also paid for an extra treatment in the spa as we liked it so much. We were also pleased to find out that we could use the steam room and sauna as much as we liked too.
We used the gym a few times (very impressive for a holiday gym), and played tennis and bocci ball. The pools were a little cold at this time of year, but very clean and always looked inviting. There was a windsurfing competition on during our first week and although this must bring a lot of extra money and business to the resort, we did feel that they took over a bit. It wasn't a very relaxing atmosphere with the loud music and wind surfs lying about everywhere.
The staff were all great- very attentive and polite- and the rooms were cleaned very well. I particularly liked the turn down service every evening. The security on the resort is also very good and I certainly felt very safe.
There were a few mozzies about as my husband had some bites, but we didn't see any. Lots of geckos, including one in the room, which certainly wasn't invited!
We went on a few trips while we were there. The first was organised through Kuoni, a day trip on a catamaran to Iie aux Cerfs. This was a great trip and there are plenty like it. I would say that although the island is beautiful, it is quite commericalised and very touristy. The second was a trip organised by the hotel over to the nature reserve on Iile aux Aigrettes. This was great, and we really enjoyed seeing the giant tortoises in the wild.We also hired a private taxi to take us wherever we wanted for the day. We chose to do this independently as we had better prices- this was a great way to tailor the day to exactly what we wanted to do.
All in all, we loved being at Preskil and were able to truly relax and enjoy ourselves. Wish we were still there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg