“Awesome Honeymoon destination!”

Preskil Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mahebourg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my fiancee enjoyed every moment of our Honeymoon at Preskil Beach! The resort was awesome and the service was excellent! The only thing which was average was the food, however it did in no way spoil our honeymoon! I would definately recommend this resoort for any person wanting to go on honeymoon in Mauritius! Thanx Preskil Beach Resort!

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,572)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My room was a little damp and musty smelling. The resort and food was all reasonable - the room a little less so. All staff were friendly and helpful. A nice basic resort for a short stay. Our long stay was at Le Meridian in the Nirvana Wing which was more expensive but in a different league.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked the best room option and it was stunning, our room faced the nature reserve island and we could see tropical fish in the sea from our balcony. The location is beautiful and the resort was very quiet this time of year, which meant we could use the a'la carte restaurants as many times as we wanted and here the service was exceptional and portions huge. We were also not disturbed by other guests at all. As an all inclusive hotel, they still managed to provide excellent meals, catering well for my pescatarian diet and there were lovely wines, mocktails and cocktails included in the package on top of the standard drinks and a reasonably well stocked mini bar. They had an evening turn down service and the hotel entertainment was suprisingly good, especially their bluesy singer, I normally despise hotel entertainment. We used the spa and enjoyed the back massage and reflexology, although my husband didn't like the toe pressure! They have a tip box rather than the expectation that you tip everyone, which we prefer. Water-based activities were also included- glass bottom boat, snorkelling and there were lots of excursion options. We were helped by 'Linda' to plan our own day, which included a wild dolphin swim in the morning, followed by looking round the animal park, feeding zebra and walking with lions in the afternoon via a taxi. This was a unique, awesome experience.
Taxis were very reasonable making it possible to go out pretty much anywhere if you wanted. However there did not seem to be that much around locally, apart from the airport, which made transfers very reasonable, but we were not disturbed by planes. We mostly stayed local and visited the nature reserve island, where we were shown around by a local expert. I highly recommend a visit. A few things during our stay caused minor irritations- we arrived early in the morning after an almost 12 hour flight, thankfully our room was ready fairly quickly and we were shown to our lovely room. All I wanted was a bath, but there was no hot water, I ran it for ages, tried both taps and then called reception, they said they would send someone, they arrived, the said they'd look into it and then we waited for another 45 mins, recalled reception, who said they would look into it again. We waited.... no one came, we rang reception again and they said we had to just keep running the water until hot water came. We waited 2 hours for this advice. We had to run the water for a long time every time we wanted hot water for the whole of our stay, which did not fit with staying in a 'deluxe penthouse'. Also a few things that should have been topped up in our room were not. I am not sure what this resort would be like if it were busier, but we felt happy that it wasn't and had a wonderful time here. We would both highly recommend it and passed on our feedback to the hotel management, who were very attentive and wanted to make sure everyone was happy.

Room Tip: We were woken by the sun sometimes in our penthouse on the coast facing the nature reserve, (however...
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel grades itself as a 4 star and it is a 4 star. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfy. There is ample beverage supply in the rooms. These are topped up daily. I liked the supply of milk in the fridge. There is good storage space/ample hangers. The balcony is good size. We had a great view of the sea. Bathroom is average size. Nothing fancy. Towels are aqeduate. TV channels are limited. No BBC :0( ..Food is ok. Typical buffet meals. Variety is good. Something for everyone. Staff are polite, courteous and attentive. Grounds and gardens are kept tidy. Nothing fancy. Water sports such as canoe etc is free. The sea is absolutely lovely. Overall, this is a good 4 star hotel. Its clean, its comfortable and it does exactly what it says on the tin!! Well done Preskil Beach Resort!

2  Thank Nazzy50
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We chose Preskil Beach as it was away from all of the other hotels, and only 15 mins from the airport, though to be honest we saw a plane once in a blue moon. The hotel is a bit remote from local life so no walks out and about after dinner.

The hotel itself is lovely with all of the rooms set amongst lovely kept gardens. We were in a 1st floor room with a view of the sea side of the lagoon. The room was fine, but perhaps a little tired, but nothing that we would complain about. It was cleaned regularly and towels could be changed twice a day if you wished and plenty of hot water.

We went all inclusive, and I was very glad that we did when I saw the prices for drinks and food, 2 gin and tonics over £10, burger style lunch, again over £10.

The resort was quite quiet when we were there are it is the start of their winter at the end of May, but certainly hot enough for us. The hotel offered all sorts of enticements into the water, with scuba diving, glass bottom boat, trips out the reef and the island, many of which were free.

The food options were a buffet, which catered for many tastes and you could always find something to eat, although as with any AI it repeats it's menus after one week so you could predict what was on offer on a particular night. The steak restaurant was really good, and was easy to book into this. However, we wanted to eat there on our last night and was advised it was closed for a function. On the same night the Tapas restaurant situated on the beach was also closed so we were forced to eat at the buffet. At the Tapas restaurant, the tapas refers to what is on offer at lunchtime and this is not included as an option for AI at lunch, only offers a choice of 3 items for each course at night. Beware if they have run out of one of them as it seriously limits what you can eat.

Lunch could be taken in the buffet or a snack type lunch was available for a large part of the day in the bar, which included salads, various burgers, sandwich/wraps style offerings.

The beach is kept beautifully and you can lie on your sunbed and push the green flag up the sunshade and someone comes over to take your order, fabulous. You simply push the red flag up if you don't want to be disturbed.

I usually don't go near the beach to sunbathe, but on this holiday the sunbeds at the pools seemed to be quite in the shade so off down the beach it was. Sometimes we were entertained by weddings happening on the beach.

We were offered a complimentary 30 min massage which we enjoyed, but it was more of a gentle rub then a massage, so this did not entice us back to purchase more treatments.

I really enjoyed my holiday at the Preskil Beach Resort and hope you do too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scotsbunny
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi.
I have not actually stayed at the hotel. I was planning to book 5 rooms for the 29th June till 1st July 2013. However when I asked the hotel if their food was Halal (suitable for Muslims). The reservation lady did not even understand what I was talking about. I had to explain to her and I find that odd because almost all Mauritians know what is Halal as Mauritius is a multicultural country. She said she can have it arranged which means that the food are not halal but she can arranged for it. I decided to ask the restaurant instead because maybe she did not know or maybe the lady is a new staff. I asked the restaurant. A man at the restaurant was hesitant to tell me if it was halal or not. He asked if I was resident at the hotel. I said no but I am planning to book and that is why I want to know if it is halal. In my mind I thought what does whether I am a resident at the hotel have to do with the food being halal. Anyway he then replied yes it is halal. I was not convinced because he took time to reply so I asked him if he has any certificates to prove it. He said yes so I told him to send it to me by email. He said he will and took my email address. He did not send it so I email the reservation manager. The reservation manager told me he can assure me it is certified halal and I can take his words for it but he cannot send me the certificates as it is official documents and he is not allowed to send it to third party. I told him the reason a halal certificate is given to restaurants is to show it to their customers and to prove to them the meals are halal. It beats the purpose of having a halal certificate if he is not allowed to show it to me. The reservation manager then told me sorry but either I take his words for it or I can book elsewhere. The manager responded rudely. I do not understand why they did not want to send me their halal certificates whereas the other hotels I contacted sent me theirs. Maybe they did not have certificates and lied about their food being halal. Whatever their reasons, the manager had no right to talk to a potential customer like that. If a potential customer is treated that way and I was booking 5 rooms, I pity the customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Haj296
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We spent 2 glorious weeks at Preskil Beach Resort in Mauritius, and we loved every minute. We stayed in the Deluxe Penthouse Suite overlooking the Lagoon out in the ocean, it was perfect! The staff were very friendly, and very professional. The food in every restuarant at the resort was perfect. The watersports were free and we loved every single day we were there. Beautiful honeymoon and would highly recommend this resort to any newly weds!!!

Room Tip: Deluxe Penthouse is the most pricey of them all at this resort - BUT well worth every penny!!!
4  Thank ckcoleing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahebourg
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#1 of 3 in Calodyne
Merville Beach Hotel
Merville Beach Hotel
#6 of 27 in Grand Baie

Been to Preskil Beach Resort? Share your experiences!