Honeymooned here in July 2012. OMG I can still taste the steak from the steak restaurant. I've travelled all over the world and this hotel is in my top 2 for all inclusive food. The specialist steak restaurant actually feels like you're in a restaurant - no buffet, proper a la carte service.
When we arrived, our room wasn't ready for an hour, so the hotel gave us a free upgrade to a sea view room. Lovely 4 poster bed, really enjoyed our 2 week stay there.
The hotel is located on it's own beach with good snorkelling just off the right of the beach. Finally saw a crown of thorns starfish here, which I'd never seen in 10 years of snorkelling around the world. Take the hotel snorkelling trip one afternoon and ask to go snorkelling where the underwater statues are in the bay.
The hotel is located next to the best snorkelling spot in Mauritius, a short £3 taxi ride away. It's possible to charter you own small boat whilst you're there, which I did for £5 for an hour, well worth it.
Do talk to the beach traders and visit the Lion sanctuary on the north east side of the Island where you can go on a quad bike safari.
Will definitely go back, probably for our 10 year anniversary trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg