See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was only transiting through Mauritius overnight en route to Madagascar, and this place suited me well.

Good value, close to the airport, nice and relaxed atmosphere and I requested an upstairs sea view room and the view over the boats bobbing in the bay is nice indeed.

I had a tasty fish curry here too and the reception is friendly (and a little quirky!).

But would I stay here if on holiday in Mauritius? Well Mahebourg is a town with an interesting Monday market and good local food options but there is no beach (including at the resort) although the blue bay beaches are a short drive away.

Depends what kind of holiday you want. To be clear, this is more like a very nice guesthouse than a resort.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank Waddler
Reviewed August 30, 2012

What a gem of an establishment. Because of my shoot-in and shoot-out one nighter stay in Mauritius, I chose Auberge Aquarella due to its proximity to the Airport. Arrived late but was picked up on time by the driver that Veronique, the owner, arranged. She showed me personally to my room and though it was late at night, I was already enamored of the venue. She explained the various facilities and brought up some wonder local Vanilla Tea.

Needless to same, I woke up with a start the next morning when I saw light peeking through the curtains and i jumped immediately to my little balcony facing the sea. I managed to capture a beautiful sunrise photo which I'm rather proud of.

Veronique extended a complimentary late check-out for me, which was kudos to her really! I was undecided for my return leg of my trip through Mauritius in about 10 days time on where to stay, but I know for sure that I wouldn't be choosing anywhere else, but Auberge Aquarella.

Thank you, Veronique, you have such a wonderful establishment and making me feel really welcome.

Merci et à bientôt!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Simonlwk
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just returned from a holiday in Mauritius and was a guest in the Aquarella Auberge for two weeks. Stayed in a secluded chalet away from the main complex, by the swimming pool, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. For peace and tranquility seekers this place will be hard to beat. The staff and management were both friendly and helpful and the hotel itself beautifully laid out with adequate facilities and clean rooms. Mine had aircon, tv and mini fridge. Highly recommended and the spectacular sea views are an unforgettable delight. Will visit again most assuredly!

Room tip: Chalet away from the main complex is a high recommendation.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2012

A real pleasure to stay here, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Free internet, although the wi-fi can be a bit variable. Excellently situated, with many great restaurants within 10 mins walk (try Le Bistrot, Chez Patrick, Vielle Rouge, Saveurs de Shin, Copains d'Abourd.......) Likewise only a short walk from the town centre. A wide variety of activities available (boat trips, kayak, snorkelling, power diving, bike hire etc.) from Brummel & Christophe, whose office is just round the corner. The pool is fantastic, straight by the sea. This is a family run hotel, not a faceless resort. Breakfast was fine, fresh bread & different fruit every day, mangoes, pineapple papaya. Even some sort of really tasty home made fruit compote. Admittedly there was an issue with dinner not being available for much of our stay, but this is being worked on, and given the number of local restaurants not a problem. We will certainly be back.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dem98_12
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is cozy, our room was a bit small but the ocean view was great! Breakfast was just ok, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Not all rooms have A/C - wish we'd have had it (it was HOT!)
Date of stay: November 2011