“Lunch with friends”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018

What a wonderful dining experience we all had. The food was delicious, the service outstanding and the ambience was lovely. They couldn’t do enough for us. Our friends were from out of town, and they were so impressed with the whole meal. We will be back soon to take our brother in law out for his birthday. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion, or for no occasion at all.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

After raving previously how good it was doing after the change in ownership, I am changing my tune.
Guys, hugs & kisses is not the whole equation, if you don’t produce quality food. Yes, you are permitted to screw up once in a while,
but TRAIN YOUR STAFF TO RECOGNIZE IT, if they see food not being eaten they need to tell you especially if multiple dishes are in play. Finally, if and when you find out about it, you have to do the right thing! Dismissing the incident will cost you dearly.

1  Thank Arnie C
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

Stresa has been around a long time and has always been excellent ! Recently new owners hailing from Arturo’s a long time favorite in Queens, took over and brought many “new to Stresa” but “much loved at Arturo’s” Italian dishes with them. The service remains “old school impeccable” and the food is exceptional. Antipasti to die for including their secret family recipe Torta which i would order for my last meal! Our table tried a wide variety of items including delicious light elegant salads, swordfish, pastas that we ate to the last noodle, a crab soufflé and sausage with broccoli rabe. I can’t wait to go back! Wine selections were excellent and well priced so trade up and treat yourself! Great food deserves a great wine!

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I have not been to Stresa before the restaurant changed hands so I do not know what it was like before. I had been an occasional diner at the new owner's prior restaurant, Arturo's in Floral Park.

The food was very good and they provided a lot of extras at no charge -- crudites on the table, rice ball appetizer and a huge dessert sampler. All wonderful and pleasantly unexpected. Food quality was excellent. We split appetizers. One was a scallop dish with zuchinni and other veggies. Excellent as was the eggplant parm type appetizer. Some in our party had the stuffed langostino which I tasted. Very nice. I had veal with mushrooms (like a marsala). Also very good. Desserts on the sampler plate were excellent. The italian cheesecake was especially good. Service was outstanding. Restaurant was full and a little noisy but not terrible. Table for 4 was very small for our group. So, what keeps this from being a 5? I felt the value was not great. Our price for a meal and a couple of glasses of wine was easily 20-30% higher than it would have been at Arturo's making this a pretty expensive meal. If you can get past the steep price tag (it is a pricey neighborhood), then it is excellent. Go again? I would say yes but the cost would have me cringe and, because of the cost, I could not unequivocally schedule a dinner here with friends because some would be more than dismayed by the cost.

BTW... the clientele here feels different than in Floral Park. I hate to pre-judge people but the guests seemed a bit "snooty" and pretentious compared to the crowd at Arturo's. I guess I fit in better at Arturo's. I only mention this is because it is part of the atmosphere though not really uncontrollable by the restaurateur.

1  Thank mitchm11741
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Stresa has always been the place to go to for great food and service. When Giorgio sold the restaurant after 25 years everyone I know held their breath. After going there five times, I can definitely say this place has not lost a beat.
The D' Anna family have hit the road running. They are the lovliest people. Roberto and Tommy work the dining room and they are very personable and fun to be with. Smartly they have continued the same menu and have retained the same staff. In particular Jimmy has remained as the bartender and Melvis as the lead waiter. The food remains great and they are slowly introducing new dishes a' la Arturo's. This place is destined to remain one of the best restaurants on Long Island.

1  Thank Dineriffic