“Very good neighborhood Italian”
Review of Villa Milano

Villa Milano
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Manhasset
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Great place to have dinner . Very good portions served and have enjoyed the veal and pasta dishes that we have tried . Nothing fancy but nice enough for either a celebratory dinner or a casual last minute option. Service is always great . A very good option when in the area

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Quick express stop or for a full Italian meal, VM is always great. Taste, large portions , well prepared. Served on a timely basis. Personable staff and very accommodating .

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed September 21, 2018

They only accept American Express credit card. We did not notice tiny print on the menu. Thank goodness food was good and we had cash

1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Have frequented here for the past 20 years. A great place for pizza and take out or a nice sit down family dinner. Many places come and go, this place is consistent and excellent.

2  Thank Matosortho
Reviewed July 16, 2018

When I used to live in Manhasset, Villa Milano was located right downstairs from where I lived, so I often would frequent the restaurant out of convenience. The food is generally decent, and when it came to simply buying a slice or two, I preferred their pizza over the place down the street, which was often oily & messy & lacked what I felt was a good amount of sauce on the pizza to my taste.

Dining in at Villa Milano is an option I enjoyed, especially after they remade the interior of the restaurant, opening it up to seating in the back of the place, (certain nights anyway, mostly weekends as I recall) There was ample seating if you got there early enough, but as the restaurant seems to have an almost dogmatic cult following of patrons who regularly show up, it's best to make a reservation or try to get there earlier than later in the evening.

Many of their dishes are very good, I've always been a fan of their spaghetti con polpetti, and pasta bolognese (with fra-diavlo sauce!) and especially enjoyed their chicken scappariello, always a creature comfort food for me when I visit Villa Milano.

The serve staff tries their best to be accommodating, and again - if you get their before the busy hours, they generally are prompt, courteous & attentive - sadly, all that falls to the waste side once they get hopping busy, the place becomes a madhouse and it can be so loud in there at times (which, is a good thing to some degree, obviously the place is popular, and folks are having a good time) but in my opinion it detracts from the dining experience, especially with lots of kids present.

Over all, for a slice or two or perhaps lunch, I would recommend Villa Milano to most folks, John is a long time staple at the establishment, he's friendly, & does his best to make you feel comfortable, the food is above average for a typical Italian restaurant although some may feel a bit pricey, but in fairness - you receive a decent portion, so it's worthwhile.

There was a time I'd go out of my way to frequent the restaurant when I used to live in Manhasset, I don't any longer, and now there are new players in the local eateries around the area I enjoy sampling, so it's not my first choice any longer, but every now & then, I do like to go in and enjoy a slice or two & see how the place is doing & perhaps exchange pleasantries with some old friends.

Date of visit: May 2018