“Best pizza I have ever had”
Review of Sal's Pizzeria

Sal's Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Mamaroneck
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I grew up in Harrison and would visit Sal's all the time. I moved away 18 years ago and have attempted to find a pizzeria remotely close to the quality of deliciousness that is Sal's but have been unsuccessful. Every time I visit home I have to make a trip to Sal's and even today am still in love with this pizzeria. I <3 Sal's Pizza!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Sal's seems to be famous in this town, I went in for a slice and a coke, The place was packed with people picking up their orders and many eating in. My slice was good, not the best I have had, but very decent.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Honestly, I can't believe some of these reviews. When I come into town, either Sal's is my first stop or I'm there within the next 24 hours. We always bring at least one pizza back home (out-of state) too, but we often take 2-3 pies back with us.
When we go to Sal's, I get the regular slices and the salad slice. My husband gets the regular slices and a Sicilian slice. Who needs garbage like pineapple or walnuts or some other weird concoction on their pizza? That's not pizza. If you want yuppie pizza, there are other places for it. If you want honest-to-good pizza, this place is IT. I realized this time that besides the amazing dough and crust and the top coated with mozzarella, spices and oil which make this pizza terrific, the sauce actually tastes a little sweet, and that's a good thing. It's not bitter or bland like other places. The pizza sauce and the dough make this pizza the best I've ever had and I've had plenty of pizza, including in NYC. This is still the best by far. I will drive hours out of my way to go here. One trip to NY had me at Sal's 5x during the week, a new record for me.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

For very ordinary, old-style (not in a good way) pizza, this is the place. Forty years ago I went for great meatball wedges. Now, it isn't worth the trip out of the way for pizza.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place is deep in my heart. It is a legendary establishment to all who grew up in southern Westchester. One approaching from the outside might wonder why. For me, it is hard to separate the memories of this establishment from the quality of the food. Is it really so good? There were five pizzerias on Mamaroneck Avenue in Mam'k when I was growing up. But we only went to this one! The others struggled and had only the directly related workers' families going there....probably not entirely true but still....Meanwhile, I would go religiously to Sal's and get a slice of Sicilian, a calzone and a grape soda. I might tinker with what I ordered but I always got a calzone. Friends would meet there, we would go there after bowling, I worked next-door at Baskin-Robbins in the late 70's (now a nail polish establishment). I saw the workers of Sal's and their children grow up. Now, I go back and strain my eyes to recognize if the old guys are the same as when I was there young. You see, though I was a regular, so were thousands of others....I was nothing special and they certainly treated you that way. Gruffness came with the territory...just like Little Italy in NYC downtown. But the food was good and the character of the place was fantastic. Not exactly the most gorgeous decor but exactly the way that a NY pizzeria should look like. And real Italians worked there or children of. Now there is a sprinkling of Mexicans working there I believe but still the main family members are still involved. Go for a try but I would guess the place won't have the same meaning as for those who grew up with the place. You tried the rest....now try the best!