“Our new favorite sushi spot in lower Westchester”
Review of Zenzo Sushi

Zenzo Sushi
Ranked #21 of 85 Restaurants in Mamaroneck
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family tried Zenzo last night on the basis of the TA reviews and loved it. The fish was extremely fresh and the presentation was beautiful. Service was fast and friendly. Even my husband's green tea ice cream was terrific. (I normally don't care for it.) Prices were quite reasonable.

By the way, there are plenty of non-sushi items on the menu, too.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Our family loves Sushi, and that now includes our young kids. Kevin the server always makes an accommodation to modify something for the kids, like plain rice rolls. The Untouchable Roll is fantastic. Can't go wrong with the food, service, price and clean restaurant. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went here with my wife on a Saturday night.
Had reservations but didn't really need them. Seated right away.
I had a sushi platter.....10 pieces plus an excellent crunchy roll.
My wife had a couple of rolls. We got miso soup with it (could have had a salad). sapporo beer.
Everything was good and fresh. Service was excellent.
I'd go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Zenzo is a lovely addition to Mamaroneck restaurants. The food is delicious and the presentation exclusive. Everything is fresh and tasty. The Zenzo tartar with mandarin oranges is amazing.
The prices are fair and the place is not crowded. We will visit again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were a group of four adults who shared the chicken satay and the ginger duck roll appetizers. The first was okay and the second, delicious. The miso soup had large pieces of tasty miso and the salads had a yummy dressing. Our entrees included a zenzo classic platter, a zenzo spicy platter and two ocean sashimi platters. All were excellent and beautifully presented and the portions were generous enough for two of us to take home a large lunch for the next day. The prices were reasonable and the setting was calm.

One negative was that the seating was too close together. When the wait staff was helping one party, their rear was too close to the people eating in the group at the next table and you couldn't help but feel like the people at the next table (which in our case included a crabby mother, her strained but silent daughter-in-law and patience wearing thin, son) were part of your party. Another negative was that our entrees were served before the appetizers. We chose not to take the waitress up on her offer to send the entrees back to the kitchen until after we finished the appetizers. It didn't make sense.

I originally didn't want to drive across a bridge and the twenty miles to this restaurant when there are so many other sushi restaurants closer to home but in the end, I was not sorry I did. if I was in Mamaroneck, I would definitely return.