“If the service was as good as the food this would be 5 stars”
Review of Club Car - CLOSED

Club Car
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Club Car is probably the nicest restaurant in Mamaroneck, the ambience is fantastic, set in an old train station the owners did a great job of keeping the old charm of the building while adding some modern flare. The food is excellent, we have eaten here at least a dozen times and the food never disappoints. Their menu is vast and everything I have tried has been top notch, among my favorites: baby greens salad, escargot, anything on the raw bar (especially the half lobster), the salmon, gnocchi and the burger. One of their standout dishes is their Center Cut Chateau Briand Filet Mignon, the portion is huge so be prepared to share or take home left overs, it is always prepared perfectly and melts in your mouth. The one thing I wish for on every return visit is that the service has improved since last time...and unfortunately I am always disappointed. We went last Friday and had another experience of having to ask the server for things multiple times (still waiting for the bread) and having the server disappear for long stretches of time. The service is slightly better during the week, but not by much. It is sad because the food is excellent, but if there was more effort put into training and finding the right staff this place would be 5+ stars for me!

There are newer reviews for Club Car

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Awesome ambience sub par food for the price. My tuna was well over done - soba noodles were ok. Tuna portion was tiny - I don't mind that but for the pricing of the dish I don't agree thatmargin makes sense to you or me. My wife's dish was very nice. Baked clams were very good. Service was fantastic. So the entrees stunk and the rest was awesome.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been to Club Car for two birthday celebrations with family and friends. Great atmosphere and delicious food.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We chose this location to meet a friend from overseas staying NYC, as it was right near to the train station. I don't know if it was the time (around 6) or the day (a Wednesday) but we had no problem getting seated and had excellent service. They were especially accommodating to my 4 year old daughter, which always ranks high in my book. The food was delicious and in big portions. Over all, a great experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Here's the short version - decent food is offset by horrible service.
We had a reservation for 8 pm and were told our table will be ready shortly. Same answer all the way up to 8:45 - no attempt to be truthful about the situation or to remedy it (free drink?). When we were seated we asked for water and didn't get it. We asked our waiter to order the food promptly given the late hour but our waiter pushed to take drink orders and not focus on food yet. Service was bad throughout the meal and some of what we ordered did not arrive (but was on the bill). The unpleasant hostess and bad service made it hard to enjoy the food which was actually good and the dishes were surprisingly generous. I should add that the decor was lovely but the place is very noisy and at some point they jacked the volume on the music making it hard to have a conversation. Given that i can have a good meal in many other places, why deal with people who don't understand customer service? I will not be back.

1  Thank orrdin