“Predictable, disappointing, and very loud” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Car - CLOSED

Club Car
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Pleasantville, NY
“Predictable, disappointing, and very loud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I don't get it. Why spend a fortune converting an old railroad station into a lovely dining room and then put together such a dull menu? Steak, a burger, a couple of dull fish selections - nothing distinctive or different. The pork chop (topped with foie gras) that I ordered was huge, but was spoiled by a very salty sauce. The gnocchi with ragu sauce was clearly not homemade and was bland. Our appetizers - Nantucket oysters and a Gorgonzola salad - were OK. 2 x appetizers, 2 x entrees, a side of asparagus, and 2 glasses of wine came to $125.

If you're looking for a venue for a quiet, romantic dinner, keep away. The noise levels were unbelievably high and made conversation difficult. This place looks like it's going to be successful - at least initially - but I have no idea why. The food is just not good enough. The service was courteous and enthusiastic.

• Visited June 2012

Harrison, NY
“Good Atmospher, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This an old Metro North train station remodeled into an old style, clubby, high end restaurant. All of the old brick walls are there, along with dark wooden trim and large windows. They really did a nice job. It's fairly roomy with a beautiful bar right in the middle.

Parking for dinner is available in the normally commuter jammed parking lot.

The food is pricey but excellent. The three of us had a nice sampling of fish, duck and steak. The fish was presented well, the duck nicely smokey and herbed and the large T-bone cooked beautifully medium rare. The sides were excellent as well.

The restaurant seemed well staffed and service was good.

Overall, it was not cheap but well worth it for a nice dinner out.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
New Rochelle, New York
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I dined here once and agreed it would be our last time. The place is loud.....very loud. Secondly, a cook put bearnaise sauce on my filet mignon even though the description on the menu does not mention the sauce. Next, I told the waiter that I didn't want mashed potatoes with the steak. He told me there were no substitutions allowed, so I ordered a plate of fries on the side. The waiter brought out the fries 10 minutes before the steak was brought to the table. Under the steak were mashed potatoes even though I told the waiter that I didn't want them prior to ordering my food, and the bearnaise sauce was swimming on top of the steak. I returned the steak to the waiter, requesting a re-do. He offered a complementary drink to make up for the screwed up order. He never brought the drink. There appears to not be enough wait staff for the the volume of patrons in this restaurant. The wait staff seems rushed, including rushing reading the list of specials. This restaurant is not recommended for a relaxing dining experience. We won't be back.

Larchmont, New York
“wonderful new restaurant in the old railroan station”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I would have rated this restauant EXCELLENT, but the service on a very slow Friday for lunch was horrible. I realize the restaurant is new, but by now they should have trained their wait staff much better. Another faux pas, they had mozarella & tomatoe salad on the menu and were out of it!!!! Inexcusable in my book since there is a wonderful Italian Deli close by and they could certainly have bought cheese there!!! Everyone enjoyed their lunch (lobster roll, salmon, steak chicken). I hope the next time I go or someone I know goes they can report that the service has improved and basic menu items were on hand.

• 4 of 5 bubbles