“An Italian Restaurant with Yankee Pot Roast”
Review of Ripe Tomato

Ripe Tomato
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Malta
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Saratoga County, the Ripe Tomato is a friendly, family-owned and operated dining experience that sets it apart from chain restaurants. We offer simple, hearty Italian and American fare prepared using fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ten volleyball parents dined here on a Saturday night and we had a wonderful experience. The service was attentive and prompt. And the food was great!

While we thought this was an Italian restaurant, it has a very diverse menu, offering Yankee Pot Roast, Pork Schnitzel, and a variety of seafood dishes, all in addition some wonderful and typical Italian selection. Each of us enjoyed our meals, with rave reviews for the Yankee Pot Roast, the Boston Baked Haddock, and the Chicken Piccata. Portions are generous, with most of us leaving with a doggie bag.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It's a bit removed from downtown Saratoga Springs, but well worth the drive.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had Lunch with friends at the Ripe Tomato - we all had the roast pork - it was excellent - had some to bring home!!
I have heard they are famous for their pork and I can see why.
Easy to get to on Route 9 in Malta - will have to try it for dinner some time.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Everytime I go to Saratoga area I always eat at the Ripe Tomato at least once. Both my wife and I had the chicken parmesan which comes with two huge chicken breasts and a tangy tomato sauce. Since we couldn't finish our entire entries we decided to pass on the desert cart, but it has a variety of tempting options which we tried had in the past which were delicious.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

nice ambiance, very relaxed and comfortable. great food and staff. very creative specials. you will love it

Reviewed October 6, 2012

About 20 members of my extended family got together for an October mid-week dinner at The Ripe Tomato. We were placed in a dining room located on the closed-in porch, ideal accommodations for a group this size but it might be crowded for groups over 25. Our meals were delicious; many departed with leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day. My children and I looked at their website the day before our dinner, so when we arrived we were able to choose items within our budget. http://www.ripetomato.com, We ordered two servings of the salmon burger, a soft drink, and one meal of mozzarella sticks from the child’s menu (comes with dessert of an ice cream sundae!) the bill including tax was about $32 and then more for the tip of course. The server was amazing! We all were quickly and accurately served piping hot meals bursting with flavor and this was done with the group having about eight separate checks. Clearly this is a restaurant team that works well together. This was our first time dining here but we will be back. Nice casual attire seemed fitting –sweaters, slacks, dresses, sport jackets, collared shirts. Make it a special time, bon appetit!