“I trust the food not the bill! "two times overcharged out of two visits?"”

Cliffs Country Inn Malta New York
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ballston Spa, New York
“I trust the food not the bill! "two times overcharged out of two visits?"”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and i have gone to this restaurant twice since 2010. The first time the service was slow but the food made up for it.We were there about 4:30 both times, "Not prime time".We are not bad tippers we always tip at-least 20% no matter what. The first time we went our tip was 20 %. we had a fifty dollar gift card and we were paying the difference with debit.After balancing our account we found the tip went up 10.00 from what we had posted on our bill.This did surprise us and anger us. But my husband let it go.Well today i heard on the radio station about the $20.12 deal salad entree and desert for $20.12 to celebrate restaurant week.And we decided to go there again. The waitress did not seem to know what i was talking about even though it was on the radio for at-least a week. She went and asked someone else who then dug out the menus for us.We ordered our meal from this menu. "THE FOOD WAS GOOD". We both had 1 drink from the bar and i had a juice while my husband had a soda. When the bill came it was 61.00 and change. She took it right away and didn't leave us the itemized bill, just took the card and bill and brought back the receipt. It was $71.00 and change we were overcharged by ten dollars again.They couldn't or wouldn't take it off my card instead they gave me 10.00 cash. "I then gave that to the waitress."we will never go back here again."...All trust is gone.If you decide to read this and go anyway, please write out your tip as well as writting the numbers and check your bill.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank laurie m

Ballston Spa, New York
“Prime Rib Central”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Cliff's is consistently for years the place to go for prime rib! Turkey dinner is very, very good & save room for their desserts!

Crown Point, Indiana
“Beautiful location, good food”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Located right on Lake Saratoga it is quite striking. The food was very good and the service was very good. A nice family feel adds to the comfort.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Signet01
New York City, New York
“We have NEVER had a better Prime Rib dinner....ANYWHERE IN U.S.!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My wife, a flight attendant and I travel all over the world....have never has a better prime rib dinner....ever!
Can't wait to go back to Saratoga/Malta and visit again...and prices were waaaaaaay below what we expected to pay!

Clifton Park, NY
“Isn't the same anymore”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Went to Cliff's recently and our big tipoff that it's just not the same anymore was the lack of cars in the parking lot at 6:30 on a Saturday night. We made reservations thinking it would be very crowded. Our group hadn't been there in over 8 years. Well, the prices went up for sure and the quality went down. Most of the table ordered some form of prime rib and one had to be sent back to kitchen to be cooked to "well". This place should be able to cook their specialty exactly as ordered. Most pieces were fatty and disappointing. Waitress started out pleasant and then got very snotty at one person at the table. That right there will keep me and my party from ever going back. Of course the check included her 18% gratuity. I guess that's why she felt like she could be a b*#%@.

1 Thank Jilbear