“Very Pleased!!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Malta
Central New York
“Very Pleased!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2006

I spent one night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites located in Malta, NY. I was in town for a family party. Check in was a breeze, the gentleman at the front desk was extremely friendly and fast. My room was extremely clean and larger than you average hotel room. The bathroom was also larger than the average. The beds were very comfortable with nice down pillows. The have a continential breakfast in the lobby with a variety of items. They also offered free high speed internet access. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone for business or leisure.

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jmart74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
saratoga, ny
Reviewed July 7, 2006

Had some water issues at home and needed a place to stay for a night or two. Knowing how pricey downtown Saratoga can be, we decided on staying at the "low-cost" end of the Marriott chain.. the Fairfield Inn. Imagine our surprise when we walked into the lobby. Nothing low end at all about this place! The woman at the front desk was super accommodating with trying to meet all our needs. The room was the cleanest of any hotel I've ever stayed in! I'm still in awe! The next morning, we went down for breakfast and couldn't believe the choices and, again, how spotless everything was. The attendent was extremely friendly with a smile continually on her face.

My only complaint was the size of the swimming pool... wish it could have been a little bit bigger. But that's just me. Overall, my experience at the Fairfield more than met my expectations and the over-priced hotels in downtown Saratoga can kiss my business good-bye. All my friends and relatives will now be booked into the Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank alleylady
Reviewed October 24, 2005

We stayed 4 nights. The hotel looks brand spanking new. Room was very attractive and spotless. Bathroom is huge. All of the carpeting looks like it was just laid the day before. Superb Continental Breakfast!
Very friendly and helpful staff. Short easy drive to Saratoga Springs. Bed is very comfortable. Down pillows are great.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2005

Overheard this guy complaining about employees, come to find out he was owner. Last time I stay at a place where he wouldn't have enough respect to do this in private. And I have stayed here 15nights in 4 months.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike_canada
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Stayed here one night and it didn't impress. Room looks tacky and there were spiders on the ceiling and in the corners. Fairly clean other than that. The sheets are paper thin low thread count and the pillows feel old. This is ok if you're looking for a budget hotel, as I would take it over a Red Roof or Best Western. At 103 dollars a night it isn't much of a bargain, but thats about the going rate nowdays. If I had to do it again I would spend an extra 40 dollars and get a jacuzzi room at the Courtyard Saratoga at exit 15.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2004

I must say that I am grateful my husband and I tried something new this year. We have been staying in Saratoga Springs for years now during the Horse Racing season, usually someplace downtown.

I was delighted to hear of the new Marriott Fairfield opening this year and my husband and I decided to give it a shot. Needless to say, we had our reservations booked here for next season before we departed!

The property is absolutely beautiful! Immaculately clean, wonderfully decorated and less than 10 minutes from the track. *FYI: the bed tax is only 8.25% here vs. 13.25% within Saratoga Springs city limits.

Breakfast is included, and they have everything from fresh waffles to fruit salads!

I also have to say, the staff here was just so accommodating. Anything you need, and they mean it! Everyone from the girl in breakfast, to the housekeeper who gave me foam pillows and extra amenities, to the front desk staff who even took the time to plan an entire evening itinerary for us! These folks know the area, are proud of this place and I really felt like they wanted me to have the best time I could.

Unlimited parking, right of the highway, I could go on and on. In my opinion, this place is your best bet for Saratoga.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2004

Since tourist season can cause the city of Saratoga Springs to get rather congested, I chose to entertain my out of town guests at the new (opened in January 2004) Fairfield Inn & Suites in Malta. The Inn is centrally located and close to everything, including the Saratoga Race Course and Racino.

Being rather picky about my accommodations, I was quite impressed with this property. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the suite was nicely decorated and comfortable (and very clean!!). The Inn is wonderfully maintained, and beautiful flower baskets and water fountains greet guests upon arrival--as well as when they relax on the outdoor patio adjacent to the pool area (indoor pool and jacuzzi). There's even an exercise room (and it is no where near as dinky as the previous reviewer indicated!).

The Inn also offers a complimentary breakfast that surpassed my expectations. We thoroughly enjoyed the make-your-own waffles (with a choice of syrup--or strawberries and whipped cream that was offered the morning that we visited), unlimited coffee/tea/hot chocolate (served 24-7), hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, assorted breads, donuts, hard-boiled eggs, four different juices, yogurt, and milk. WOW!! What a variety! Not a typical continental breakfast.

Not having the room to entertain at home, I was exceptionally pleased with my stay at the Inn--and so were my guests. This property will definitely be my #1 choice in the future.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Sprin...
#18 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#15 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#17 of 33 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta? Share your experiences!