“A Good example of a Marriott Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Malta
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is one of the better Fairfield Inns. The facility was clean, and appeared well run and managed. The breakfast was ample, and the staff kept things well stocked. One minor problem is that the hotel is a bit hard to find due to poor signage on the local streets. I mentioned this to the manager, and she explained that they had problems with the local government sign regulations and, what appears to me, a lack of concern for their local businesses. The location is part of an industrial-educational-medical complex of offices. Some signage was available for other activities - but not enough for the hotel. The proof was that my GPS had real trouble finding the hotel! My advice to you is: drive carefully, and look for the hotel building - it is worth the effort.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Anbrugo,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, Saratoga, Malta. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you found in signage. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate people! Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a great overnight stay at this location. Hotel is recently renovated, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Located with very easy access from exit 12 off I-87 (Northway). Upon check-in, we were told that we were "guests of the day" and received a complimentary upgrade. A lovely surprise! This particular room had an extra living room space with additional flat screen. Great so the kids and adults could both watch programs of their choosing. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you royaltara9 for your review! It's always nice to hear that all of the hard work of the staff here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Saratoga-Malta shows. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My daughters and I stayed here on our way to Atlanta. The two gentlemen who ran the front desk were both friendly and professional. Our room was clean and spacious. My daughters loved the pool and hot-tub. We missed breakfast the next morning and the woman who ran the kitchen had finished for the day, but turned around and gave my daughters and I what ever we wanted from the kitchen. I was truly grateful for this, as we had a long trip ahead of us. We will definitely come back, as we travel through Saratoga Springs quite frequently.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here on our way to visit family and were impressed by the quality in all aspects. This is simply not your typical "motel." The front-desk staff went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant, and the suite was first-rate. We didn't make use of the pool or fitness room, but both seemed to be more than adequate. We found nothing to complain about and much to praise. We would recommend this Fairfield Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wooster2
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Place is clean and well kept. Front desk staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. Nice rooms, comfy beds. Breakfast is what you expect for this type of place. Wifi is free, as it should be everywhere. (A faster service comes at a price, but the free was fine for me.)

Hotel is very convenient to the various tech firms, GlobalFoundries and the rest, which seems to be why most people were in the place. A five minute drive. Just off the interstate, too. If you're looking for great food, though, that's in Saratoga Springs, about 15-20 minutes drive.

A few minor annoyances. The bath towels were nice and new, but the hand towels were cheap and threadbare - a weird contrast. No hooks on the bathroom door or racks in the showers, so you have to drip all over the bathroom floor when you get out of the shower. Sometimes the wonderful front desk staff was tied up, with two people on the phones at the same time and a small line stacking up in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank xeno111
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My family of 4 stayed here overnight on the way to Vermont. The front desk and breakfast staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, attractive and clean and it is super easy to get on and off the NY Thruway from the hotel. The breakfast is nothing special although the kids enjoyed making waffles. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cbee201
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you cbee201 for your positive review of our hotel. I am always so pleased when I can pass great comments on to my staff. We hope we see you again when passing through the Saratoga-Malta area.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over Presidents' Day weekend. The hotel is very clean and inviting. The breakfast was great, and you can always find something that you'll enjoy being served. House coffee hits the spot, along with the 3pm cookies. :-) They always have a bountiful display of items out and they are always rushing to replenish. Hash browns and waffles were my favorite. The only thing about this hotel that I didn't care for was the pool area. Because it is such a small area of space if you have a group of obnoxious kids being loud and playing Marco Polo it'll give you a headache. The front desk just sent in someone to tell them to quiet down but it didn't appear to be too effective. I don't really want to blame it on the hotel, it's more peoples fault, not caring to watch their kids. Funny how the following day we were in the pool area and it was fine. Other than that I would stay here again if we were in the area. Thanks for the valentines day lollipop!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baseballrookie21

Dear curlieq20,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Saratoga-Malta. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize about the incident in the pool. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention so that I can train my staff on how to correct an incident like this in the future. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#20 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Sprin...
#21 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Homewood Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarato...
#5 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta? Share your experiences!