“Great overnight stop!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Malta
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Stayed one night here as part of a recent road trip. Great little hotel. Location a bit remote on a business park environment but very easy to find and good places to eat in Saratoga 10 mins drive away. First room allocated was close to a noisy vending area but we were moved without complaint and given an upgrade to a suite. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable. Self service breakfast was included in the price and had lots of choice...no paper plates and plastic cutlery here! $99 for the night was the best value for money rate we paid on the whole trip...a great overnight stop.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2008

Visited the area to tour Saratoga battlefield and also drove to Saratoga Springs. Hotel was easy to find, well located for convenience to highway, and well appointed. Breakfast was well stocked with many options. Location is about 20 mins. from Saratoga National Park and about 10 mins. from outskirts of Saratoga Springs. We ate at a place I believe called Cliff's, which was just okay.You might want to take a ride into Saratoga Springs where there are many dining options on the main street.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We were here for the races: me, spouse, and 2 kids (9 & 13). Had 2 separate rooms: one with 2 double beds and one king "suite." Suite had microwave and refrigerator.

This was a typical Fairfield. Rooms were clean and pleasant, towels were small and scratchy. No surprises there.

Gentleman that was the front desk manager was quite surly but otherwise employees were very friendly and hospitable. (I suspect the surly man was the owner.)

Lots of comments from previous posters about the size of the pool. Pool was great. It's the Fairfield and not the New York Athletic Club so you really can't expect to do laps. It was very clean and I saw someone checking and servicing the pool and hot tub there every time we were swimming. Pool deck was spotless and water was clear.

We usually skip the breakfast when staying at places that serve breakfast because it is typically a free for all. For some reason, people forget their manners at the "complimentary" buffet. This time we ate at the buffet twice. The food was OK, the hotel guests were ill-mannered, but the staff members who serviced the breakfast area were exceptionaI. On both days, these folks were polite and patient with each and every member of the rude and hungry horde. One staff member rescued my 9-year-old daughter at the waffle maker when the crazy lady who was behind my daughter took the last plate even though said crazy lady didn't yet even have a waffle.

Even though the accommodations were fine, I would not stay here again during the races because of the price. Compared to other places in the area, the Fairfield charges TOP dollar for a glorified motel with continental breakfast. Yes, you can pay more for other places, but they are more conveniently located or have nicer accommodations. I'll choose to pay more.

BTW, if you read this far and are looking for some humor, I recognized the crazy waffle lady as someone who jumped out from behind a parked car into the path of my moving car the previous evening. Apparently, she thought that I drove with my eyes closed and didn't see the rabbit on the road.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kkanecomp2
Reviewed March 29, 2008

The Buffalo Bison Hockey team stayed their for the State Squirt Major Tournamnet. We booked approximately 21 rooms. The hotel is in excellent condition. The rooms were excellent. The staff was professional courteous and kind. They recommended places we ate at that were also very accommodating for such a large group. Overall the experience was the best we have ever had.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Stayed one night at this hotel after driving 7 hours. We did not have an advance reservation and used a coupon booklet picked up at a rest area to choose a hotel. Arrived at 7 pm and they honored the coupon rate of $89.00 and gave us a king room as requested.

The room was extremely clean and although it was a bit small it was beautiful and had everything we needed. There was a small fridge, desk and comfortable chair and good reading lamps. The bathroom however was bigger than most, and again was very clean and well equiped. Overall square footage of the room and bathroom together was typical for a hotel.

The linens were superior quality, same as when I have stayed at real Marriott's and the colors in the room were modern.

Breakfast was great as previous posters have mentioned.

As we had spent 7 hours in the car we didn't want to drive to go and eat. Although the hotel looked isolated, the front desk clerk recommended a restaurant/pub about a 10 minute walk away called Bentleys. We had a wonderful meal there. They have what I call a "roadhouse' menu and a sports bar type ambiance.

My only complaint about this hotel is the size of the pool. I swim for exercise and it was impossible in this postage stamp size pool of 12' X 20'. It was smaller than what I have in my own backyard. In fact it was the smallest pool I have ever seen in my whole life and I have actually seen hot tubs of this size at ski resorts.

There was also a small hot tub I did not use as it was full of foam. The pool area was clean and bright and there were plenty of towels.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I'm not at all sure what the negative comments are about - perhaps some people really are that hard to please. As for my husband and me, we were bowled over by the cleanliness of the room (we are fanatical about clean linens), the comfort of the beds (quality mattresses and pillows here), the professionalism of the staff and the convenience of the location. This hotel provided us with one great night's sleep. The place is a keeper in our book, and we would not hesitate to return should our travel plans dictate another visit to the area!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RoamerLongIsland
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We stayed for one night on our way to a ski trip in Vermont. The hotel looks new and is very clean. Check in was quick and easy. The room was nice, roomy and clean. We used the fitness center and although the pool is on the small side my 10 year old enjoyed swimming. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Upstatefamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
0 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#21 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Sprin...
#19 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
The Gideon Putnam
The Gideon Putnam
#9 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Casino Hotel
Saratoga Casino Hotel
#16 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta? Share your experiences!