“Pleasant Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Malta
New Hampshire
“Pleasant Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here overnight on our way to Skidmore. We had a suite and it was spacious and fit our needs entirely. Room is very updated and clean. Breakfast was very good and staff friendly. Great place to stay. Front desk was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Montreal
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was heading back home with my family, but it was really late and we needed a place to stay. We had one of those coupon books, and we had a discount coupon for this hotel. Of course, Marriotts are usually pretty clean and the room was nice 'cause it had a mini fridge (but all Marriotts have this). WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE about this hotel was the cold reception we received. The staff at the main lobby were rude and almost seemed annoyed that we were checking in. Was it 'cause we were using a coupon? Or was it 'cause we were clearly out of towners. I don't have your typical American name, nor face, and the staff looked at me as if I were from another planet. Quite rude, considering the fact that they're in the hotel business and you are always going to have guests from different backgrounds, different color, different religion and so on! To sum up, good place to stay, close to supermarket, but don't expect a red carpet if you're not a typical white-bred American! (the blond older lady that checked us in should get out more, 'cause she seemed racist)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice hotel with a great location in Malta NY. The rooms are very nice, just tiny. The hotel was nice and quiet though and I never had a problem getting a good nights rest. The staff was very helpful and friendly and always tried to go out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. Their breakfast selection was great for on the go business types. Also loved that they give you access to the YMCA across the parking lot which is great if you like to workout and find it difficult in small and limited hotel fitness centers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tparnell8
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at this property over a 100 nights since October of 2011. We have always been pleased with the service, the value and location. With that said the decor was what I would label "long in the tooth" and needed to be addressed. We just finished a 10 night stay and found a totally different atmosphere. All the rooms and hallways have been remodeled and they were working hard to finish the lobby and breakfast area. The rooms all have new linens & covers & pillows and furniture. Although the room configuration is the same the new colors & pictures & carpeting make it feel quite different. What has remained the same is the quality of customer care and we will do whatever it takes to make the stay special attitude of all the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side tend to be quieter. If possible upgrade to a king suite, plenty of room and p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located....visit Angie's restaurant if your there...hotels was under construction...our room wasn't renovated, the construction started T 830am right above our bedroom. Hotel mgr gave us 10k points back plus free off season certificate in the mail to come back when renovations are done. If the cert comes thru I would say they did everything they could to rectify however it all could have been avoided by ck in help. Breakfast was bountiful, location is perfect...may try Hyatt place across the street bf ind book here again....all depends if the cheer shows up as committed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

When I went, they were under construction. They had an entire floor blocked off. But if it weren't for the signs, or the occasional worker going to take a break, I never knew they were there. The staff was very friendly & courteous. I had a king studio - it really seemed like a 1 Bedroom. We simply loved our time there - we received good Chinese recommendations from the desk. And they had good coffee in the morning!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at this property and had the absolute worse experience and while I always attempt to solve any problems with the local property management team; however, the arrogance demonstrated by the property owner deserves this note...

- Upon check-in the late evening clerk was unable to operate the credit card machine and ended up swiping my card multiple times and placing multiple holds. I mean, really, how hard is this process?
- I stayed on the third floor that was partially under construction. Construction on the floor started at 7.00 AM and as I was headed to the elevator one of the worker's commented that "no one should have been staying on the floor." Additionally, egress to the elevator and stairwells were blocked - a clear safety violation.

As I was departing the property I attempted to discuss these items with the owner who deflected my comments and was clearly not interested in either hearing or resolving the issues with his property.

I have documented these items with Marriott Customer Care and the Town of Malta Fire Marshall for safety violations.

Room Tip: Best tip is to not stay here...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BostonTraveler99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#15 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Sprin...
#19 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#18 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 33 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta? Share your experiences!