“Oldfashioned time for family and friends”

Malta Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Malta
Albany, New York, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Oldfashioned time for family and friends”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A nice way to spend a summer evening. Recommend going early if you plan to eat. Wish they had a better set up to get food as you are covered in smokey grease when you go into the building to order the food (and wait in line). That said - the movies are current and the kids enjoy doing something different.

watervliet, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome place for the entire family.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We go here multiple times each year. Each time the entire family has enjoyed themselves. They normally have an area up in front of the big screen that has bouncy bounce rides, a Frisbee area and a place for the kids to run around and enjoy themselves.

Prices are more then reasonable and well worth your time.

Saratoga Springs, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nostalgia”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This used to be one of maybe 20 drive ins in the area, Only a couple remain, and they try to make it family-friendly and fun. Cheap way to see a double-feature, and the snack bar is well-stocked.

Schenectady, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great Value”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have a two year old and a five year old, which get in for free so we pay only $18 to see not one, but two movies in the comfort of our own vehicle.

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I just wish I had brought my pajamas!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Got half price admission via a special offer. It was the first time I'd been to a drive-in in 40 years, (and the first time for my wife, period.) I actually thought we were gonna have to take a speaker off the pole and hang it in the side window !!
I was worried about the negative reviews here, but I guess it's just a matter of luck whether the people around you are inconsiderate jerks or not, and in this case, we lucked out. The ticket girl and the refreshment stand guy were both polite & helpful. AND, we managed to snag a spot in the first row, which was cool. I really liked the nostalgic public service announcements before the movie started. The only thing missing were Bugs Bunny cartoons...
I understand that starting next year, Hollywood is no longer distributing movies in reel format, and will go all-digital from now on. Which sucks for many drive-ins who can't afford the equipment upgrades, and may therefore be forced to close. Hope that doesn't happen to this place. Anyway, we had a great time. If they're open next summer, I look forward to coming back. And maybe I'll wear my PJ's next time :-D

Visited September 2012