“Very neat, clean and well maintained with numerous staff visible and available.”

Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Malta
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This location appeared to be a very new facility. There were several people around the front desk at check-in and check-out. Lisa was very attentive and addressed my concern about all the noise in the building by placing me in a corner room at the far end from the pool. When I arrived there was a large crowd inside the pool which was inside a brick and glass section of the building. I could hear the kids in my car as I drove in with the car windows up. I was happy to see the kids burning energy and having fun, but I was also happy to be placed in a quiet section of the hotel so I could continue to work.

The room was large and spacious with a very firm comfortable bed with a large sectional fold-out couch as well. The desk area was actually small, but functional compared to some Hyatt Place location in metro areas. There was a large flat screen television splitting the living and bedding areas and lots of free space.

The bathroom was neat, clean and had a large step in shower. The only concern I had with the shower was you get never get the water really hot and the water flow in the shower would drop and surge when someone else turned on or off water someplace. All the bath linen was near new.

The breakfast area was plentiful with the egg-ham-muffin half items being refreshed quickly along with pancakes. I did not see every item because the area was overwhelmed with children staying at the hotel from the sports teams. The staff was refreshing all the dishes and cleaning the tables as needed. The coffee was fresh and the juice was cold.

Frequently locations like this are quiet during the weekend. This place was lively with lots of families. The location was staff to handle the volume of guests and everyone was assisted as needed in a timely manner.

I will return here again when I working in the area. Very comfortable environment.

Room Tip: I stayed at the east end of the building. The pool was on the first floor at the west end. The sou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2013

5+ STAR! The room rate is affordable and both the facility and the rooms are clean, modern, spacious, and simply beautiful. The Bakery and Gallery are fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. The "Skillet Breakfast" (included in your stay) is one I have yet to see at another hotel - offering a wide variety of items guaranteed to satify anyone's preference. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and overly accommodating; we were approached numerous times and asked if there was anything that could be done to improve our stay. Another plus, a Conference Room was assigned to our team for the weekend stay, accessible to our parents and players at any time throughout the weekend. This facility is absolutely amazing and a definite must stay . . . our team parents continue to ask if there is a Hyatt Place in the area of our next event!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place. Snappy metro decor. Rooms with great amenities---more outlets and interface than you could ever use. Absolutely the best shower in a wonderful bathroom!! Comfortable sitting area. Breakfast buffet with real appeal and cafe food available at all hours. Wonderful spaces to sit and talk, read or work.
The staff is exceptional.
They provide service, information, and real solutions to problems. We stayed a week for work and were pleasantly surprised at the attention we were given, even with a company discount. Housekeeping was on time and thorough. Front desk made sure to remember our names and our schedule. Shuttle made lots of trips for us at an inexpensive fare. And beside all that, we had a great view toward the Adirondacks.
We've decided Hyatt Places will definitely be on our travel lists in the future.

Room Tip: Request the corner king rooms---lots more space if you are staying long-term.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very good, clean and friendly hotel just off of I-87 between Albany and Saratoga. Rooms are spotless and priced right (i paid $108 AAA rate). I imagine that during the summer and other peak seasons, prices spike, but I can have no reservations telling you to stay here. Small pool and hot tub and a decent looking gym ( i used neither) and a decent free breakfast (would rather see less stuff and higher quality, but...). Excellent flat panel hi-def TV in the room. Really, really good option in the Capital Region. I say YES!!!

T'Man '12

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I like the Hyatt Place Malta. Its new and not a remodled Amerisuites which alot of the hotels of the Hyatt Place brand are. Everything is newer, a step above the average Hyatt Place. Great staff, breakfast, work area ect. Have stayed quite a few times and would return in a heart beat. great value, location, and accomodations need I say more?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great place to stay. The hotel is swanky, spotless, hip, neat, etc. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is excellent and it's so nice to not have a blaring TV in the breakfast area. I loved the shower. The hotel is just on the side of the road, not within walking distance to anything, but is a quick drive from Saratoga and the Capital District. Great find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was just perfect. I am a Hyatt Platinum level member so stay in Hyatt properties around the country. This place was spotlessly clean, the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was fresh and well managed and the room was very comfortable and large. Loved this place and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
#10 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
The Inn at Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#8 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta? Share your experiences!