“'like visiting a dear friend'”
Review of Kilburn Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malone
Kilburn Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Malone B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My stay at Kilburn was a pleasant experience. My room was clean and very comfortable and quiet. I slept well and enjoyed a delicious breakfast at a time that worked for me.
The conversation over breakfast with Suzanne was lovely.
I was traveling alone and felt welcomed and very safe. I could see myself going back solo or with a friend or with my husband.
sincerely, Penny-Claire

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights while visiting our daughter at summer camp. Suzanne really made us feel at home! The B&B is charming-makes you feel like you walked into someone's gracious home! There is even a pool and a platform tent in Kilburn Manor's back yard for those who are so inclined!

Room Tip: Ask for the room downstairs that includes a library!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was planning a trip from Boston to Ottawa, with a stop at the Wilder Homestead in Malone. Where to stay? The descriptions of Kilburn Manor were compelling - could it be as good as the rave reviews?

It was better.

It is a home filled with history, filled with warmth, filled with hospitality. Suzanne makes everyone feel like an old friend, and makes sure everything about your stay is perfect. I booked a night heading toward Ottawa, another night on the way back, and the second visit felt like a joyous reunion.

Beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast, and hospitality off the scale. If you are traveling anywhere near Malone, go out of your way to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul S
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Kilburn twice, for business both times. Suzanne is an impeccable Innkeeper, astute in her appraisal of what each guest needs: conversation, quiet solitude, special dietary needs, or assistance in locating businesses or services in the area. "My" room was spotless, comfortable, quiet, and perfectly suited for my business needs each night. Colleagues stayed as well one trip, and they were thrilled at the comforts and welcoming atmosphere. It's a wonderful alternative to the standard hotel experience. The drive over from Burlington, VT, a ferry ride across Lake Champlain, the lovely countryside in the Adirondacks: all created a memorable trip that added something special to my business goals. I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Malone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeanne F
Reviewed January 26, 2012

An historic inn restored and re decorated in such a way as to lift the spirits! What made all the difference to me was, given a rather severe knee injury, I was given a room on the ground floor. When outside it was slippery the car keys were taken from my hands and what I wanted brought to me - and the car moved when necessary. This is more than just a high standard with respect to running a business, this is taking care of people - in this case, me!

To make matters even better - whether it was the atmosphere or just the quality of the actual bed, I had the best few nights sleep away from home that I've had in a long time.....

The house is gorgeous, the food is good, the color scheme will lift your spirits.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have special needs or issues - based on my experience Suzanna - the proprietor wil...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ahegarty
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Having grown up in Malone this historic home always had interest. To be able to stay in this home is such an honor and pleasure. The rooms, both public and private are lovely, the location superb and Suzanne is a worls class hostess and owner. Hope I don't wait 30 more years to come back.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank markroy53
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We planned our family reunion at Kilburn Manor.. My wife and I arrived very early in the morning and were greeted warmly by Suzanne. Great conversations and a tour of the house and property before we headed out to explore the countryside. The Kilburn is surprisingly quiet, especially since every room of the BB was filled. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. We had the Library suite which has hundreds and hundreds of early 20th century books. The breakfasts and morning chats put the KILBURN at the top of my BB list of places to stay. If you plan on traveling / staying in the North Country and experiencing the Adirondacks stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family