“Excellent, efficient, friendly service.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Malone
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I always enjoy my stay at Malone Econo Lodge. Everyone, Mr. and Mrs. Patel, Susan and the rest of the staff, are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and quiet . . . breakfast is always ready on time. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marie608

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I base allot on what I think about a nights stay by sensory interpretation. I have stayed here several times in different rooms in the last 6 months. I'm biggest on smell. It has always smelled clean, not covered up but clean. That had been a turnoff in other hotels. Management has always been helpful and friendly. I get the distinct impression that the owner takes pride in how the experience is and continues to work toward improving it. Its more than just the bottom line. I will always stay here when I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good last stop before Canadian border enroute to Cornwall crossing. Rear building is recommended for quiet experience. Have stayed on several occasions and never disappointed, even though arrivals have always been late, reception has been friendly and courteous as opposed to other establishments that we have used in Malone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My teenage daughter and I spent a night here on a recent trip to NY. The reception staff/proprietors were very friendly and helpful. Because the property is in three units, a map would have been useful. As it was, we only went to the wrong building once before sorting things out. The non-smoking double bed room was clean, and comfortable, and well-stocked with coffee, bathroom amenities etc. The property is somewhat dated (mid 80's?). but well maintained.

Continental breakfast, was barely adequate, with some fresh fruit, toast, juice coffee etc.

Overall, good value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jiggs111
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Malone Econo Lodge several times in the past few months, its always clean,comfortable and quiet. I also pay a very fair price, the prices for the rooms do not seem to go up and down depending on the day of the week, a holiday, or if there is something going on in the area. I cannot understand why travelers in the area would stay any other place.I consider this Econo Lodge to be my home away from home when I travel to Malone. The owner is always pleasant and always available to answer any questions, and greets everyone as they enter his Econo Lodge.
I would strongly suggest that if you are in the area, stay at this Econo Lodge, you will be back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several of the rooms and i like the rooms that do not face the road, the rooms in t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank carl m
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Considering that this is an Econolodge, they scored top notch in my book. I was greeted at reception by the owner with a hearty HELLO and right away I was made to feel welcome. The Reception area is small almost tiny with the breakfast area in the same area...but you don't have to be big to be good.

VERY ample parking and we were given a room in building 3. We (Wife and 2 children) were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. I stayed at a Fairmont in Toronto that was the same size. It was spotlessly clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. No dipping or bad springs...my wife had a bad back and can smell a poor mattress at 10 meters and she slept sound and awoke without any pain!

Bathroom was clean, large and well lit.

The room had a fridge and a Mircowave that proved very practical.

Continental Breakfast is included. It is a small selection or breads, cereal, fruits and juices. Could it have been bigger/better? Sure it could have, but it is included in the price and we all left bellies full and satisfied.

All the staff were exceptional, good natured and friendly. I would have liked to have stayed longer than just one night. Should I return to Malone, I would not hesitate in reserving this property.

FYI, some of the rooms are Motel style and I am sure were smaller. We have a standard room with 2 double beds.

Congrats guys, your hotel could compete with a Holiday Inn or any 3 star and hold it's own.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John_the_travel_guy
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We made a trip to the north country and decided to stay at the EconoLodge after pricing the other area hotels.For the price it was very surprising how nice and clean the rooms were and how spacious also. For an older hotel it is well maintained,the staff was very pleasant,courteous.and helpful with many suggestions on where to eat and shop while we were here for 4 days.I would recommend giving this hotel a second look and be a return guest like we plan on being.

Room Tip: Either the building down in the back or the building with the balconies
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malone
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Malone
Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Malone
Dreamland Motel
Dreamland Motel
#3 of 5 in Malone

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!