“Nice place but average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Flaherty's Three Flags Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Macedon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
1,880 restaurant reviews
“Nice place but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stopped into "Flags" last night for a quick dinner as we were in route to another engagement. I've always enjoyed their other restaurant up in Webster, but I very seldom get to this one that is actually closer to my house.

I ordered a Cobb salad, to help with the speed of the order. My wife ordered a grilled chicken salad, and my daughter had her ubiquitous pasta with meat sauce. What we got was, well, a little less than I expected. It wasn't bad, but my Cobb salad was not really a Cobb salad. It had absolutely no cheese on it at all, of any kind. No cheddar, or blue, or mozzarella...none. Maybe it's just the way they make it, but it lacked for any cheese, and the bacon that they did put on it were just a few measly flecks, not enough to taste. No avocado either, although some restaurants don't put that on a Cobb salad. There was a lot of chicken, though, cut larger than I've ever seen on a Cobb. As a matter of fact, I inspected my wife's salad to ensure that they hadn't mixed up our orders. My wife's broiled chicken salad was, according to her, mediocre, and she said that the chicken was rather dry and flavorless.

They did have one cute item in here, behind the front desk; they had a countdown sign to St Patty's Day, marking the time right down to the second! Nice!

The service here was quite good, and our waitress did help us to get in and out in time to make our next appointment. However, the food was disappointing. I probably would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Macedon, New York
“Good grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family visited this Flaherty's on 12/28/13 in the early evening. The Christmas decorations were still up and as usual were very festive.
As usual, the staff were most accommodating and friendly and the food very very good.
I had the Mexican salad which was great. We also had some Buffalo bites in a honey spice sauce which were also excellent. Another favorite we order there is the chili nacho's and we indeed had them that night. It used to bug my mother when we'd take her there at Christmas (which she loved) and Marie and I would order chili nacho's for dinner. She say "nacho's are not a meal".
We also have visited the Honeoye Falls site and it's pretty much a ditto of the Macedon site with the exception that it's much newer.
Tim Flaherty is always the host of hosts and Nora and Micky at the bar are great

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NY
“Something wrong, every time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Seems we want this place to be better than it is, because every time we go back to "give it another try because maybe it was just a bad night" something bad happens.

Wife ordered the flank steak salad and I ordered filet medium rare. When the filet was cut, the steak was completely purple..like scary raw purple. It was returned and I'm pretty sure they just put the same steak under a heat lamp because nothing had changed when it was brought back out...still as raw as the first try.

A little tip for you Mr/Mrs Flaherty's cook...when a steak is returned because it way undercooked, especially if it has sauce on it and has been cut open, don't try to put it back in the oven or under a heat lamp to fix it. The sauce has touched the raw meat and might make the patron sick. The key is to cook it right the first time or throw the bad one away and try it again. If you can't cook a steak to order, don't put it on the menu (or find another job).

I asked my wife how the salad was, "Not worth the $12". Sigh, we really did try to like this place, but now we're thrice bitten, four times shy.

• Visited December 2013
Palmyra, New York
“Lunch Ok, Service NOT so Much!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Had to great lunch with a friend that I don't get to talk with that often. The burgers we had were very well cooked and tasted great. The service however not so. We never got checked in on after our food was delivered. We would have loved to have another drink but that never did happen. Once the bill was delivered it was like they wanted us to go. It wasn't busy and had plenty of tables. It just put a damper on a nice visit my friend had. Not really sure if I will go back for lunch as I like to know that as a customer I am valued.

Walworth,NY
“Really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We live in town and have been going to Flaherty's for years. Went in last night for a birthday dinner and were shocked to find a smaller menu and most of our favorites were missing. Salads were no longer included with the meal. My husband's $8 lobster bisque didn't even taste like lobster and the sherry was missing. I went with another favorite, the chicken parm, and it was very overdone. I don't think a steak knife should be needed for chicken. Husband's scampi was very watery and again tasteless. My son's Philly steak was more like a roast beef with peppers and onions. Sorry guys, we won't be coming back. This was more than a bad night in the kitchen.

• Visited May 2013