“More than you pay for”

Ranked #1 of 2 Lynbrook B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“More than you pay for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place is clean and new. Judging from my two nights there, the staff was friendly. Compared to the more expensive La Quinta Inn in Garden City in Stewart Ave, this place is an outstanding value: cheaper, cleaner, nicer, seemingly newer.

Room Tip: Ask staff to suggest the best rooms to avoid noise from Sun Rise Highway and the Long Island Railroa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ho, Ghana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

As a hotel goes, this one is very roomy, super clean, and has a fair breakfast. I was happy to stay here for the four weeks that I was in town. I wasn't a big fan of the location. It was pretty far from everything, but the LIRR has a station a 10 minute walk away, which isn't too bad. The service is generally good. I'd recommend this for a business trip for sure.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the building as the road noise is pretty bad on the front side...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear remory33,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations in some ways. Your feedback is of great value to us for we are still striving to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

Thank you for staying and we hope to hear another great experience from you.

Best Regards,

Faith R
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

The moment we walked in and were greeted by Tianna was such a lovely welcome! she is funny, efficient and so friendly! And the rest of the staff is very accommodating as well, even the woman who works in the breakfast area….but be sure to ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel, as the street side is very noisy. we had reserved a room w/king bed but didn't receive it. The ac/heat unit did not work, we had to unplug it to get it to stop blowing. The internet is very slow. And the curtains don't come down low enough so that the strong lights on the side of the building come into the room at night so it's quite light in the room when the room lights are off. So all of these were a bit frustrating, thank goodness for nice people who work there.

Room Tip: ask for quiet side!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear nancy f,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. I was glad to hear you did appreciate our great location.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I traveled extensively on business for 25 years and 10 years after
for pleasure. This stay was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever
had. When I arrived Louis was pleasant and gave me my room. When I saw the
room was on the highway side I asked if I could be switched to the other
side of the hotel. I was quickly and pleasantly given a different room.
The rooms were spotless. The cleaning ladies were everywhere and always
actively cleaning rooms and halls. They were also pleasant.
The lady overseeing the breakfast was so kind and helpful. She helped me with the
pancake machine. She kept everything spotless in the breakfast area.
On the day I left the lady at the desk helped me print out my boarding pass when I
had issues. She quickly came to the business office area and was happy to
help. She not only called me a cab, but made certain it was there when I
arrived in the lobby. She also extended my room for one hour so I didn't
have to wait in the lobby. I have stayed in everything from Ritz Carton's
to Four Seasons to W Hotels to Marriott Courtyards and this experience
ranked as one of the top in my 35 years of travel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although the area isn't so great, the hotel and staff were really friendly and attentive. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Just try not to get a room on the train side for a quieter sleep.

Room Tip: choose one that is not on the train side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms and lobby area are very clean and new. The staff was so accommodating when I checked in and held my luggage as I arrived into town earlier than check-in. The room we stayed in was clean and very spacious. Tiana was so helpful at the front desk and provided us with directions to where we needed to go. I will be staying here again when I visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Glendale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were large, beds newish but a bit soft, good TV service, breakfast a bit below what you might expect for this class of hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back. Front rooms face a busy street with bright night lights
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear joerussin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynbrook
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 1 in Lawrence
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook? Share your experiences!