“Friendly Staff Clean rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook
Ranked #1 of 2 Lynbrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although the area isn't so great, the hotel and staff were really friendly and attentive. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Just try not to get a room on the train side for a quieter sleep.

Room Tip: choose one that is not on the train side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms and lobby area are very clean and new. The staff was so accommodating when I checked in and held my luggage as I arrived into town earlier than check-in. The room we stayed in was clean and very spacious. Tiana was so helpful at the front desk and provided us with directions to where we needed to go. I will be staying here again when I visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were large, beds newish but a bit soft, good TV service, breakfast a bit below what you might expect for this class of hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back. Front rooms face a busy street with bright night lights
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear joerussin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Mr. Morash,

On Sunday January 5th, my wife and I were put up in your hotel by JetBlue due to the inclement weather. The desk manager although I did not get his name did a great job under the pressure. I unfortunately lost my brief case during the stay, but it was found and returned to me intact, thanks to your great staff and especially Lisa who I dealt with. I know you always hear when things go wrong but your staff made the best of what was for us a lousy situation. Please pass this along to them as it is always nice to hear when their job especially in this situation is appreciated.

Thanks, Larry Powell

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed over Christmas and New Year to await the arrival of our first grandchild. Our stay was wonderful. The room was very clean and well maintained and the staff were very helpful. The only negative was the breakfast. It was very repetitive, poor choice and only bananas offered for fresh fruit. The addition of a microwave is essential to make oatmeal as made with warm water is was awful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel to avoid the noise from Sunrise Highway and the LIRR.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1954Mac1954
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good hotel to base yourself out of if you're visiting the Valley Stream - Rockville Center neighborhoods in Long Island. We stay here regularly when visiting family for the holidays as my husband grew up around here. You will need a car but there is ample (and free) parking surrounding the hotel. We usually grab a suite since the rooms are a bit too small if you're camping out for a week like we do --- and its not that much more expensive for them plus you get almost twice the space. There's a coffee maker in the room with the requisite packets of java and tea, a fridge and cupboards that come in handy when you need to store snacks and extra sundries. The bathroom is on the small side but more than adequate with very good water pressure in the shower (which is a big deal for me). The towels are nicely thick, but the toiletries come in tiny plastic bottles that are never enough for a good clean (those plastic bottles are not ecologically-friendly either --- imagine all those tiny bottles cluttering up landfill for centuries). There's a CVS up the street where we stock up on all that we need instead. Internet service is a bit on the slow side and there is intermittent outages that are a minor annoyance. The king size bed is very, very comfortable. One thing to note is that if you're a light sleeper, get a room facing the back of the hotel as all the rooms looking out to Sunrise Highway gets the constant din of car and train traffic. It didn't bother us but I can see it irritating people who need peace and quiet at night. Staff is very friendly especially Jennifer and Mark at the Front Desk --- they made all the difference. The cleaning staff is very conscientious so we always came back to a room that was spotlessly clean and replenished. All in all, a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The suites give you a lot more space for not that much of a hike in price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I grew up in a neighboring town and was back home for a friends wedding. My husband and i were using the weekend as a mini getaway and booked a hotel…we didn't get to check-in at this other hotel until 11:30 PM. The hotel was terrible and we couldn't get out of there fast enough! It was now 12:30 AM and finding another hotel nearby was looking dim. Then I remembered the Holiday Inn in Lynbrook. I called and spoke with Mark, who was super helpful and understanding and booked us a beautiful room that was warm, clean and just what we wanted for our weekend without the kids. In the morning Tianna was equally helpful, cheerful and friendly. Anything we needed whether it was a question re: the bill, the need of some tooth paste or help figuring out the heat at 4AM the staff was perfection. As we were leaving we spoke to Karen to let her know how much we enjoyed our stay and how great Mark and Tianna were …she was another completely wonderful member of the team. I never thought I would have been so happy staying in a hotel so close to my parents house but it was well worth it! I will never take a chance on another hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meghan A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynbrook
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 1 in Lawrence
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook? Share your experiences!