“Otherwise Good Hotel Experience Marred by Key Card Snafu”

Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook
Ranked #1 of 2 Lynbrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I would have given this hotel 4 stars for overall room and hotel condition, and desk service, but I was put off by a key card problem - I was booked for 3 nights but my key card did not work after the 2nd night. For some reason, the system "forgot" I was staying another night, so after returning late to hotel and very tired, I couldn't get into my room and had to traipse back to the front desk, and wait another 10 minutes while the sole desk employee had to check in 3 people in front of me. This has happened to me at other hotels and I'm probably making too much of it here, but I'm tired of this type of problem occurring all too frequently at various hotels and need to vent about it.

Otherwise - I had a clean, pleasant room and a satisfactory stay. The front desk staff was very helpful, but at times a little overworked as I only saw one person on duty at any one time. The breakfast was OK, but would appreciate more fresh fruit than just bananas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room key. Sometimes the keys can lose their charge if they are placed near a cell phone or if the magnetic strip is scratched. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay after a concert at Jones Beach. It is reasonable drive after a long day/night out. The hotel lives up to Holiday Inn standards. The check-in was fine. The room was clean and nice. This is a very good HI Express for the money. No complaints.

Room Tip: Parking lot is pretty tight. Not much anybody can do about it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was a nice find to stay at when we visit family on Long Island. Rooms were clean and comfortable and complimentary breakfast a bonus. Staff was professional and parking not an issue. Convenient to roads for city and airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here overnight as part of a wedding party. Got a decent rate of $140 for this reason, otherwise the cost of $200/night is steep for this property. Room was very nice, clean and a nice size for a couple. Free breakfast was ok. The cinnamon buns were delicious as were the sausage patties. The rest was not very good. Location is just ok. Convenient to the wedding venue but it ends there. I would recommend for business stays or for a wedding but no amenities for a vacation. Staff was truly accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank bbbonnie62
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed there in the jr. Suite very nice. The best feature of this hotel is the honesty of the staff. My wife left behind our life savings in the desk draw over 25k it was found by house keeping and returned to us. In this day and age where money is tight and a find of that amount is like winning the lottery, there staff was honest enough to turn in the money to the owner who in turn contacted us.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cocch
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Can't believe I paid $200/night for this.

1. Not enough parking. The lot was full when I got back from a wedding. Thankfully you can park at the hotel next door.

2. The in-room curtains are not long enough to cover the entire window and let the bright parking lot lights in at night.

3. The air conditioner is a joke. I set the thermostat to 72, but the a/c unit didn't turn on until it got up to 77-78 in the room. Then, it blew gale-force winds into the room, rendering it immediately freezing. I'm surprised I didn't get sick from the constant flux in temperature.

4. My room was across from the elevator. So loud. AND, added bonus, my room was directly above the rear entrance, where smokers liked to congregate. The hotel should set up a designated smoking area away from the hotel and enforce it.

5. The eggs at breakfast were gross. The cinnamon buns rocked, though.

The only plusses to this stay were the friendly staff, and the comfy beds.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and any entrance/exit! Also bring a sleep mask to keep out the light at night...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear andrea6928,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the Air Conditioner in your room may have caused you. We also apologize our parking lot and breakfast selections was less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had missed the deadline to book a room under the wedding rate, and they still allowed me to have the rate, and were incredibly accommodating. We arrived, and were being checked in by Tianna. She was very professional, sweet, and had a great personality. The rooms were nice, and clean, and the staff was professional, and kind. The breakfast was nicely set up, and included eggs, bacon, fruit, a machine that makes you fresh pancakes, coffee, and juice. Before we checked out, Tianna encouraged us to go to long beach before we traveled the 2 hours back home. She gave us good directions, and we had a very nice time. I would definitely go back to the Holiday Inn express in Lynbrook

Room Tip: even if you miss your deadline to lock in a room rate, simply call, and explain it to them....they a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 1 in Lawrence
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook? Share your experiences!