“Locals Only!”

Cuisines: American
Corinth, Vermont
“Locals Only!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I believe that you have have to be a local to receive average service at Gary's. I went here with my mother for breakfast on a Monday morning. There were more people working here than eating here. When we walked in the stares from the cooks and servers we received spoke volumes of the establishment. It was as though we almost interrupted their day by showing up. The two of us ordered identical items. (Two eggs, bacon, toast and home fries). The server took our order, went to the server station then from the server station yelled to us to repeat our order because the order must have been really hard to remember for her. The food arrived and was disappointing. The eggs were bland (no salt & pepper), the potatoes were bland (no seasoning), the bacon tasted old and the white toast was the star of the meal. The coffee had zero flavor and was watery. When the server dropped off our food, she also dropped off the check and never came back, no coffee refills (which I guess was OK given the coffee's taste), not to ask us if the food was to our liking- nothing. She couldn't even be bothered to pick up my card to pay the bill, another server (who was happy and friendly) took care of it for us. With a little salt & pepper and people who are happy with their jobs, this place could be a gem, but then again what diner in the world closes on a Sunday? Gary's that's who. Nearly 20 for 2 orders of eggs, bacon and toast with home fries- Lewis County is stepping up in its prices and making out-of-towners feel out of place. I won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jason C

“Favorite place to eat in Lowville”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I was born and raised here. Moved away as an adult but come home frequently to see and spend time with family and friends. No trip home is complete without a meal at Gary's! Great home cooked food, friendly service and I always see someone I know! Their pies are always a special treat. Perfect servings and reasonable prices!

1 Thank runandfriendly
“Best Place to eat in Lowville”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here for years.The staff are top notch! The food has always been perfect! Great place tucked in the heart of Lowville! You won't be disappointed!

Visited February 2014
Lowville,NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gary's more than your average diner.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been eating at Gary's restaurant for years and I had to write a review after reading the only review which was not good. The staff at Gary's is exceptional and the food is as well. Not sure what this other reviewer walked in on but it must have been very important because the owner of this restaurant is almost always there and she would not allow this to happen.

• Visited November 2013
Hurricane Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't even get acknowledged”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Walked in the door to an empty restaurant,(now I know why it was empty) 5 employees sitting down didn't even say hello. Fries were sitting in a pan waiting to be ordered by no one. At 11:05 we asked if we could get breakfast and the only thing said to us was "not after 11". Needless to say we didn't stay after the unfriendly encounter with the staff.

• Visited September 2013