All reviews prime rib delicious food beautiful location blue cheese wedge steak perch pasta gracious hosts the past years joe marion deck hummingbirds reservoir adirondacks romano wilderness
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Last minute plan turned out to be a great get-away. Diamond in the wilderness. Reading through the other reviews, I don't know what I could say that has not been said already. Joe and Marion make you feel like part of the family. Great wine selection and menu. We will most definitely be back.

Room tip: Did not stay at the hotel, just enjoyed the people food and drink there.
1  Thank Nikthestick
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

You HAVE to visit. A vacation for people who like a recreational and beautiful time. Marion and Joe are excellent and make you feel like you live there. Superb food! Best filet I've ever had! My husband and I have been there for our last 3 anniversaries! I can't imagine going anywhere else...

1  Thank JIll M
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The perfect slice of heaven!
Great view! Wonderful meal!
Great stay ! And the perfect hosts who make you feel like family! The juniper berry sauce with the secret recipe on the duck is always the table favorite,
But everything is a delight!

2  Thank Bomcny
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This home away from home has a warm and inviting atmosphere from the moment I walked in the door. I felt like I was walking into a cozy log cabin in the woods. Joe and Marian welcomed me and made me feel like one of the family. This was my second year to vacation in these lovely mountains. Both vacations have included visits to The Stillwater. The food is fantastic. From the cucumber salad and warm bread to the prime rib cooked to perfection and the brownie sundae for dessert. Marian's and Joe's cooking is not to be missed. The view from the dining room windows are always entertaining. Woodland friends are always in abundance to keep everyone entertained. The Hummingbirds are especially fun when they come and drink from the feeders on the windows. I will never miss a chance to spend an evening eating great food, having interesting conversations and enjoying the wildlife at the Sillwater Hotel on the Stillwater Reservoir.

1  Thank Yarnweaver77
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Amazing people. Amazing food. Amazing location. I visit here one week each Summer, Fall, and Winter. Every time I walk in it is like I was there the day before. Joe and Marian greet me like I was there yesterday and I feel like I am at my home away from home. You will never regret a visit to this paradise in the wilderness.

Room tip: Just go here. You will not regret it. Bring your camera in the warm months to photograph the wildlife and gardens around the restaurant and hotel. In the winter it is a snowmobiler's perfect base station. The lake is breath taking. Take a ride on the boat at the dock. Just go here and forget the rest of the world exists.
2  Thank Trilo B