“Adirondack Hospitality!!!”
Review of Stillwater Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lowville
Stillwater Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowville
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This home away from home has a warm and inviting atmosphere from the moment I walked in the door. I felt like I was walking into a cozy log cabin in the woods. Joe and Marian welcomed me and made me feel like one of the family. This was my second year to vacation in these lovely mountains. Both vacations have included visits to The Stillwater. The food is fantastic. From the cucumber salad and warm bread to the prime rib cooked to perfection and the brownie sundae for dessert. Marian's and Joe's cooking is not to be missed. The view from the dining room windows are always entertaining. Woodland friends are always in abundance to keep everyone entertained. The Hummingbirds are especially fun when they come and drink from the feeders on the windows. I will never miss a chance to spend an evening eating great food, having interesting conversations and enjoying the wildlife at the Sillwater Hotel on the Stillwater Reservoir.

1  Thank Yarnweaver77

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Amazing people. Amazing food. Amazing location. I visit here one week each Summer, Fall, and Winter. Every time I walk in it is like I was there the day before. Joe and Marian greet me like I was there yesterday and I feel like I am at my home away from home. You will never regret a visit to this paradise in the wilderness.

Room Tip: Just go here. You will not regret it. Bring your camera in the warm months to photograph the wildl...
2  Thank Trilo B
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great get away for those who love nature! We only spent one night at The Stillwater but by the time we left it felt like we were family. Marian and Joe are the most gracious hosts. All our meals were fantastic and our room was clean and comfortable. Each of the rooms at The Stillwater has AC, a television and it's own private bathroom-all the comforts of home but with none of the stress! (They even have wi-fi, although I recommend "unplugging" yourself.) There is public access to the Stillwater Reservoir steps away from the hotel so if you like exploring the water bring your boat or kayak along with you. If you're a hiker there are great places for you to explore as well. If you were like us, just needing a quick escape from the rat race of life, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the company. We met many new friends including the "boys from campsite 6", Nick-Joe and Marian's grandson, Pam-our server, who played an awesome guitar and sang like an angel, and of course the King and Queen of it all, Joe and Marian. We had a fantastic time and we will be sure to visit again!

2  Thank Connie R
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family comes to the Adirondacks every year for a one week vacation. This is our third year coming to the Stillwater Hotel for dinner and for good reason. There are 10 adults and 11 kids ages 2-14 between us and so finding a restaurant that can offer a good dinner as well as accommodate the kids was a challenge until we found this place. This restaurant does it all, great food, always a great staff and if you want the true Adirondack experience this is the place to go. The lake is right there, hummingbirds are everywhere and a quick quack from one of the owners will bring the ducks in from the lake so the kids can feed them from the deck. The kids have so much fun there and they are always entertained. I also recommend going there very hungry because the food will not disappoint you. Save room for dessert, the brownie sunday is unbelievable! Thanks Joe and Marian for another great experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We've been coming to Stillwater for the past 3 years for boating and exploring Stillwater Reservoir. Love the laid back feeling at the hotel...nothing fancy, but a perfect getaway! Get away from your cell phone, get away from the "hurriedness" of life, get away from pressures and "have to-s." We always enjoy every minute of our stay!! Marian is the hostess with the most-ess! Does whatever she can to make your stay most comfortable and enjoyable. Our recent 3 night stay found our room very clean and bed very comfortable. The AC was much appreciated! The food was absolutely delicious and portions were generous. Try the 5 cheese Lasagna!!! We'll be going back!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stationed at fort drum and my wife and I ventured out here. The entire experience is unforgettable. We will remember this place for the rest of our lives without a doubt, the food at the restaurant is the best meal you will find anywhere in the north country. The owner is the nicest woman on the planet and makes you feel like her restaurant is your grandmothers dining room. There are beautiful humming birds EVERYWHERE. Anyone stationed at fort drum needs to make the trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Asher9009
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just like their promo as says....turn off cell phones and internet and relax in their quaint rooms or by listening to loons on the lake at night. Great hosts...splendid food. Love taking our own boat down this massive lake...Big Burnt and Kettle hole are our favorite spots. 50 year tradition here which started with our parents back in the 60's. ...PJ and family

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowville
25 mi away
#3 of 12 in Old Forge
The Woods Inn
The Woods Inn
#3 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Stillwater Hotel? Share your experiences!