TripAdvisor
Lowville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews prime rib delicious food beautiful location blue cheese wedge steak perch pasta gracious hosts the past years joe marion deck hummingbirds reservoir adirondacks romano wilderness
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just like their promo as says....turn off cell phones and internet and relax in their quaint rooms or by listening to loons on the lake at night. Great hosts...splendid food. Love taking our own boat down this massive lake...Big Burnt and Kettle hole are our favorite spots. 50 year tradition here which started with our parents back in the 60's. ...PJ and family

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed at still water hotel to fish the reservoir. Owners were great, nice room. Ate dinner at there restaraunt. Had an awesome prime rib and best coconut cream pie ever. Fishing was very good also. Caught many smallmouths and rock bass.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed May 20, 2014

A truly unique experience . We were greeted by Rascal the owners shaggy dog , who continually checked to make sure we were at home. (The owners also abliged) the food would compete with any five star restaurant . After dinner if Marian is not too busy you can challenge her to a game of wii bowling in the bar. The beautifully rustic rooms were very comfortable . In the morning we returned to the restaurant for coffee and breakfast prepared by Joe. We were accompanied by several locals that were very friendly .If you want an experience that you CAN NOT get anywhere else this is the place for you. Make you own memories that will last forever. Sorry it took so long to leave our review.

Room tip: Marian and joe are very accommodating .
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rickyamy2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Rode snowmobile from Parish Ny to Stillwater. They where booked full.Went across Resivior to Norridgewock They had a room.It was midnight skies clear so we went back to Glennmore inn and on the way back the weather changed!! There was no way we could make it back,believe me we tried.Well found our way back to Stillwater Hoter and Bar becouse Marion left lights on for us.At3:30 AM they openned thier doors to us and accomidated us for the night.We where awakin to hot coffe and breakfast .These people are the best Thank you Marion and Joe.

Room tip: Call ahead for res.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Nicosguns
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Family atmosphere! From the moment I arrived I was made to feel at home and part of the Stillwater family. Marion and Joe are wonderful hosts and have built an amazing business because of their personalities. I can only speak about the winter and my snowmobile trip because this was my first visit of many to come. I cannot recall many trips where the owners would join you at or after dinner and chat just like you were family, and when you left a hug was bestowed along with a firm handshake from Joe. The food was excellent and the portions were large and appreciated. I travelled to New York on my own and both Marion and Joe were constantly introducing me to fellow sledders to make sure I felt comfortable with the trails. I would highly recommend Stillwater Hotel as a destination. The lot is constantly packed with snowmobilers who have been coming back year after year. Marion and Joe, I wish you all the best Thank you .
Regards,
Rick from Canada

Room tip: Room # 5 is closer to the back door for loading and unloading luggage. Room #1 is closer to the dinning room/ bar.
Date of stay: December 2013