“pricey lunch”
Review of Stillwater Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lowville
Stillwater Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowville
n,y,
“pricey lunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we stopped in one afternoon for lunch in our travels,the steak sandwich was filling and good , the ham & cheese sandwich was ok, I had a soft drink and my husband had a ice tea , the service wasn"t that great and there was only one other couple there. Should this have added up to a forty dollar lunch, probably not.....lesson learned, there was a bright spot, nice sceneary

Room Tip: Don't Order Lunch
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank CAVD

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I were on out way to Prince Edward county in Canada from New York City. As usual, we hadn't made reservations for where we would stay overnight to break up the seemingly endless drive. It was getting dark and we were extremely hungry and tired.

I got on Google and saw great reviews for the Stillwater, As soon as Marion got on the phone I knew we were going to have fun. She's got a great personality, and is an attraction in herself. It was quite late but I asked if she could put together some cold cuts, or anything. She ended up serving us a wonderful dinner, all homemade to boot.

Our room was very comfortable. In fact I slept better than I usually do.

I would absolutely visit again, but maybe I'll make a reservation next time. We've recommended Stillwater motel to lots of our friend. I can recommend it to you as we'll.

Deborah Berk

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Deborah B
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Love this place. The owners are wonderful and they will treat you like family . Beautiful setting, good people. Reasonable room rates. You cant ask for more. Stillwater lake is peaceful and quiet and teaming with wildlife. Bring your boat or kayak to launch or just hang out on the deck. Ive stayed two years in a row now. And plan on going back many more times.

Room Tip: rooms are all fine
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Joanna L
Rodman, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visit Stillwater Restaurant a couple of times during the summer months. The food is always very good and the owners very personable. We enjoy the humming birds that feed on feeders that are attached to the windows and on the deck. The atmosphere is very relaxing overlooking the water and watching the boats. They have a very good wine list and unlike other restaurants you can get any wine they have by the glass. I especially enjoy the Petite Petit. I ordered the pecan crusted salmon with maple syrup and my husband ordered the roast duck. We had homemade corn bread just out of the oven and many extras that you would not get just anywhere. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wendy M
Barton NY
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our group was chased from the Adirondack's Red Horse Trail due to incredible rainfall. Marian and Joe at the Stillwater took pity upon us and put us up in their wonderful establishment. The food is fantastic, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and reasonable. This incredible spot makes a great base camp to explore all the Stillwater Reservoir has to offer. Please go, and make sure you schedule time to hang out in the bar area and relax with Marian and Whitney. I'm going back again this fall and bringing my entire family. Can't wait.

Thanks Marian for taking care of "the boys".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JMorenus
Oxford
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Started our kayak camping trip from the Stillwater Hotel. You couldn't find better hosts than Marian and Joe. They made you feel you were visiting old friends, and were a wealth of information about the area. The food was excellent, the views, fantastic. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank tadam74811
Poland , NY USA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife had visited the restaurant and bar at The Stillwater Hotel quite a few years ago, but it was my first time. We stayed overnight on 9/14 before going kayaking & camping on the lake. Accomodations were quite nice. Bar & restaurant also great. The best part, however, were Marian & Joe Romano , the owners and hosts. Great personalities, and a knack for making everyone feel at home. We'll be back !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EricC56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowville
The Edge Hotel
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc

Been to Stillwater Hotel? Share your experiences!