“Good food bad room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Campbell, New York
“Good food bad room”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We normally camp while in the Adirondacks but since we are not winter campers we decided to stay here this past Saturday night. Please check with the staff prior to booking your room as too wether not not they have a band. While our dinner was really good (we had a Cobb salad and pizza) our room was not. We stayed in the suite on the second floor (at $125 for the night) but could not get to sleep until after 2am. This suite is located directly above the bar and the band played until 2am. I would never have booked this room had I known this beforehand. We felt ripped off due to this and I cannot in good faith make a recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank robinwsmith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Marion, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend in Long Lake. We had dinner everynight at the Adirondack Hotel after having our first dinner there we wanted to go back for more. The service was excellent, staff were friendly and the food was wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone who was visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy F
Irondequoit, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am only reviewing the lunch we had there this past Saturday. We had driven by this restaurant/hotel for 12 years and never stopped, so since the timing was right this year we decided to stop in. We expected to have to wait because a group of bikers left saying they couldn't be seated, but when we walked inside the hostess said they had just set up a table for 8 for the bikers and were full but we could eat at the bar. I told her the bikers just took off - you could tell the hostess was irritated but she offered us one of those tables. We choose the bar anyway as there were just the 2 of us and we wanted to be in and out quick.

We had burgers - not something I usually order but the meat was no hormone/grass fed and I'd heard good things about them. I had the mushroom Swiss, my husband had the cheddar bacon. Both came with tomato and lettuce on a bun and potato chips on the side. We also ordered a side of onion rings. The burgers were big and juicy. We both ordered medium, but mine was unevenly cooked and more on the medium rare side for about 1/4 of the patty. I could have sent it back but after I had eaten so much I felt funny about doing that. Hubby's was perfect. The onion rings were crisp and not greasy at all - the best I've had in a long time.

I liked sitting at the bar because we were able to talk to locals (hubby from the region) and watch the Ryder Cup. We even met Molly Irvine (a local co-author of a book 'Adirondack Eats' which we were able to buy in the gift store) and chat with her - but I realize this is not to everyone's liking.

The burgers are a little higher priced than you can get elsewhere, but this is due to the high quality meat. In my opinion they were very tasty and worth the price. And be sure to get the onion rings!

1 Thank Daniebear
Saratoga Springs, Ny
Reviewed October 1, 2012

While staying in Newcomb for a week vacation, companion and i made the trip to Long Lake to shop and have dinner one night. We had to wait for the table but did not mind as the bar was fun and the wait was not long...we were seated in the dining room, not in the cafe overlooking the lake...where evidently most wanted to sit. The Hotel is aging but has an interesting ambience for dinner...we had a table by the window off of the porch -(the porch would be nice for drinks in the warmer summer months). The food was good but they had run out of things including the ice cream i wanted...there was a canoe race that day and a run on everything...but the waitress comped our dessert as we did not get what we had asked for. Well we had such a good time that later in the week we treated ourselves to another dinner there and sat in the busy cafe section - which was fun for people watching. Oh yes, the food was good this time too -would like to return in the summer!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2012

In Spring of 2011, we spent a couple of nights at the Adirondack Hotel while driving between Montreal, Quebec and Utica, New York. We didn't have reservations but felt lucky to get a room. Our room was rustic, neat and clean. We could hear the passing traffic until 10 pm, but after that was silence. There isn't any cel phone reception within the Adirondack preserve - no cel, no wifi, no TV. In the morning we woke early, had breakfast downstairs then went next door to rent a kayak for the day. What a tranquil way to spend a couple of days. From the Hotel you can explore Long Lake by plane (across the street), Kayak (rental next door) or just people watch from the Hotel's rustic porch. This place reflects the culture of New Yorkers who for more than 150 years have either lived or visited the Adirondacks to get away from any sign of urbanization, in drastic contrast to New York City.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great Food. Great prices. Very nice pleasant atmosphere. I little run down. It has a lot of potential. Age does not have to mean neglected. They have a unique niche they should capitalize and invest in its nuances of yesteryear, unfortunately it looks to be moving in the other direction.

Pity...However don't let this stop you from enjoying a wonderful meal with some laid back relaxed folks.

1 Thank Alethea V
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

First, let me say that I did not expect a modern, 5, 4 or even 3-star hotel. I've traveled thru the Adirondacks many times and know that, especially in the more remote areas, the hotels and motels may lack some ammenities that would be common in more populated regions. I'm also one that can pretty much get comfortable anywhere and but I cannot stress enough that this hotel is a big rip off! I now realize why there are not more pictures of the rooms or lobby. First, the hotel is definitely a blast back to the bygone era - which was one of the things I was really looking forward too - from the first glance as you pull up, it does not appear to be bad. Loved the look of what used to be a grandeur hotel, the large porch, and the view of the lake. The interior of the lobby is a somewhat patethic attempt of nostalgia..beginning with a rather cheesy stuffed bear and other "decorations"...ok fine, no big deal. The stairs leading up to the rooms are filthy..beyond stained and honestly need to be replaced - i highly doubt cleaning would take care of it. Our room was on the 3rd floor - so as we passed the 2nd floor there was a small common room with a couch, chair, and TV that 2 young children were camped out on with juice boxes, take out food, puzzles all over and no adult to be seen. The furniture was very old with basically a big reddish colored blanket over it, I think an attempt at a cover. When we got to the 3rd floor, the carpet and walls,doors in the hallway looked rather new and not too bad. However, I was very disturbed when I actually opened the door to our room (which was on the back of the hotel so not overlooking the lake). The room, quoted as a "Queen plus single and a private bath" - was about 12x12, one window, ceiling fan, queen bed, single bed, dresser, chair, and a 3 legged table. The bed was a fair mattress at best and bounced quite a bit when you sat on it..no headboard, no footboard (same w/ twin). There was two pillows on bed on queen, no extra pillows or blankets. The decor inside was "eh"..I expected old so was not really anticipating it to be bright or cheery and I was not disappointed. One small picture on the wall. There was also no TV, no air-conditioner, no bible, no phone, NO ANYTHING. One small lamp, a clock radio that we decided to turn on at night for some noise with only one channel that kind of came in. Our view was that of the back of the hotel, the back entrance to the kitchen and the toilet (YES toilet) that was sitting outside of the kitchen door on the ground. The bathroom was small but sufficient - small packets of shampoo and a soap, 2 sets of towels (no extra) and a small mirror. The bathroom needed some repair - the caulking either stained or gone. My husband found long dark hairs stuck to the side of the shower (I hadn't been in their yet). The bedding appeared to be clean but after seeing everything we opted to sleep on top of the bed on a blanket we brought from home. Since there was no air conditioning and it was summer - really that was the only option so you didn't sweat to death. Despite our better judgement - we did stay. The next morning - my husband went downstairs around 6am to find NO ONE anywhere to be seen. No one at the front desk, the restaurant/bar closed up tight, many empty bottles of beer, drinks left on the outside porch and several crushed beer cans in the driveway. Customer information was not kept confidential and was really just sitting out for all to see on the counter. No coffee pots, no water, no soda machines - NO NOTHING. We came down shortly thereafter to "check out" - the young woman at the desk (8:30am) basically said "thanks" when we handed over the keys. Although I wouldn't say the staff was nasty - I do not know that - but what we did experience was no sense that they are appreciative of their customers. NO welcome, no thank you, no ammenities at all, no concerns, and no safety. The main door was wide open @ 6am but as I said, not a sole to be found anywhere. I truly feel like we were ripped off @ $120/night for this place. As I stated, I was anticipating something older but with an element of charm and cozy - instead this hotel is disquisting and the folks that own this place should truly be ashamed of it's condition. I really tried to research before I stayed and read the reviews carefully - most of which seemed OK.. We did not eat there - so I cannot comment on that part. The bar was a joke and parking was almost non-existent. This is rated, supposedly, the #1 hotel in Long Lake - that's because it's the ONLY hotel in Long Lake. Please do yourself a favor - do not stay here...

Room Tip: I do not know of any of the other rooms but I would find it difficult to believe that they are some...