“Lunch and a view”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great Food. Great prices. Very nice pleasant atmosphere. I little run down. It has a lot of potential. Age does not have to mean neglected. They have a unique niche they should capitalize and invest in its nuances of yesteryear, unfortunately it looks to be moving in the other direction.

Pity...However don't let this stop you from enjoying a wonderful meal with some laid back relaxed folks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alethea V

Reviewed September 3, 2012

First, let me say that I did not expect a modern, 5, 4 or even 3-star hotel. I've traveled thru the Adirondacks many times and know that, especially in the more remote areas, the hotels and motels may lack some ammenities that would be common in more populated regions. I'm also one that can pretty much get comfortable anywhere and but I cannot stress enough that this hotel is a big rip off! I now realize why there are not more pictures of the rooms or lobby. First, the hotel is definitely a blast back to the bygone era - which was one of the things I was really looking forward too - from the first glance as you pull up, it does not appear to be bad. Loved the look of what used to be a grandeur hotel, the large porch, and the view of the lake. The interior of the lobby is a somewhat patethic attempt of nostalgia..beginning with a rather cheesy stuffed bear and other "decorations"...ok fine, no big deal. The stairs leading up to the rooms are filthy..beyond stained and honestly need to be replaced - i highly doubt cleaning would take care of it. Our room was on the 3rd floor - so as we passed the 2nd floor there was a small common room with a couch, chair, and TV that 2 young children were camped out on with juice boxes, take out food, puzzles all over and no adult to be seen. The furniture was very old with basically a big reddish colored blanket over it, I think an attempt at a cover. When we got to the 3rd floor, the carpet and walls,doors in the hallway looked rather new and not too bad. However, I was very disturbed when I actually opened the door to our room (which was on the back of the hotel so not overlooking the lake). The room, quoted as a "Queen plus single and a private bath" - was about 12x12, one window, ceiling fan, queen bed, single bed, dresser, chair, and a 3 legged table. The bed was a fair mattress at best and bounced quite a bit when you sat on it..no headboard, no footboard (same w/ twin). There was two pillows on bed on queen, no extra pillows or blankets. The decor inside was "eh"..I expected old so was not really anticipating it to be bright or cheery and I was not disappointed. One small picture on the wall. There was also no TV, no air-conditioner, no bible, no phone, NO ANYTHING. One small lamp, a clock radio that we decided to turn on at night for some noise with only one channel that kind of came in. Our view was that of the back of the hotel, the back entrance to the kitchen and the toilet (YES toilet) that was sitting outside of the kitchen door on the ground. The bathroom was small but sufficient - small packets of shampoo and a soap, 2 sets of towels (no extra) and a small mirror. The bathroom needed some repair - the caulking either stained or gone. My husband found long dark hairs stuck to the side of the shower (I hadn't been in their yet). The bedding appeared to be clean but after seeing everything we opted to sleep on top of the bed on a blanket we brought from home. Since there was no air conditioning and it was summer - really that was the only option so you didn't sweat to death. Despite our better judgement - we did stay. The next morning - my husband went downstairs around 6am to find NO ONE anywhere to be seen. No one at the front desk, the restaurant/bar closed up tight, many empty bottles of beer, drinks left on the outside porch and several crushed beer cans in the driveway. Customer information was not kept confidential and was really just sitting out for all to see on the counter. No coffee pots, no water, no soda machines - NO NOTHING. We came down shortly thereafter to "check out" - the young woman at the desk (8:30am) basically said "thanks" when we handed over the keys. Although I wouldn't say the staff was nasty - I do not know that - but what we did experience was no sense that they are appreciative of their customers. NO welcome, no thank you, no ammenities at all, no concerns, and no safety. The main door was wide open @ 6am but as I said, not a sole to be found anywhere. I truly feel like we were ripped off @ $120/night for this place. As I stated, I was anticipating something older but with an element of charm and cozy - instead this hotel is disquisting and the folks that own this place should truly be ashamed of it's condition. I really tried to research before I stayed and read the reviews carefully - most of which seemed OK.. We did not eat there - so I cannot comment on that part. The bar was a joke and parking was almost non-existent. This is rated, supposedly, the #1 hotel in Long Lake - that's because it's the ONLY hotel in Long Lake. Please do yourself a favor - do not stay here...

Room Tip: I do not know of any of the other rooms but I would find it difficult to believe that they are some...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We recently spent a long week-end in the Long Lake/Blue Mountain
Area and dined twice at the Adirondack Hotel. Must say, I agree with most of the other reviews and give the place an average rating but it was great fun anyway.
Lunch in the bar was quite good and the bar is apparently a bit of a local night hot spot that was recommended to us by a number of locals and long term visitors.
Dinner was very average but for what it cost, we were not unhappy and we all enjoyed the aged ambience. She hasn't aged particularly well but neither have we so, we fit in. We actually had three choices for dining, with the bar, the porch overlooking the lake or the Victorian style dining room as options. We opted for he dining room.
What we loved about not only the Adirondack but about the whole area was that it is in a bit of a time warp. We're in our mid to late sixties and this visit brought us back to our childhood.
When we were kids, dad got just a two week vacation and pretty much everybody took it in the summer. Pack up the family in the car and drive forever up to the lake or to the mountains or down to the shore. Check into a cottage colony or modest motel and stay for a week enjoying whatever the area offered. It was all very modest and Ozzie and Harriet like. And the big treat, a " sophisticated" dinner in the local hotel dining room or a lobster dinner at the shore. And this was what the Adirondack Hotel reminded us of. It was a fifty year flashback and we loved it. In fact the whole area was full of motels and cottage colonies that are right out of the fifties and sixties. Great fun and we loved it. Give it a try.
We did not stay at the hotel so we have no comments regarding e room but other reviews seem to giv a good indication of what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A stay at the Adirondack Hotel is a trip back to a bygone era. There used to be one of these hotels in every Adirondack town. This is the only one left. Don't expect luxury, but if you want nostalgia, you will be satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank mountainclimber10
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just got back. This is an old hotel and as others have pointed out not well maintained. Now I say that in the sense that the original finishes were certainly all plaster. Now it's crappy wood paneling and cheap drop ceilings. Obviously the old plaster walls and ceilings were crumbing, too expensive to repair, and were covered over. The furniture isn't nice, crap really, also covered over with bedspreads, etc. I have not seen TVs that old in a awhile. The beds are hard. Oh my back!

First night we stayed in the "apartment" 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, and kitchen. $240 per night. In a word: dated. but it's big that's all I can say about it. Showers: sucked.

2nd night we stayed in a regular room with a bathroom. Take a motel room (pick any chain) cut it in half put a queen bed and a twin at its foot, throw in a dresser and chair, then ask where am I setting the luggage down. But it's ok.

The restaurant is fair at best and does not serve breakfast, the pizza best thing on the menu. The bar ok, lively, but pretty small. Nice front porch, but again could use some new furniture, and some paint.

The bottom line this place needs a serious makeover. I mean come on, there are old tires in several spots you can see from your window that are laying on top of the roof. At the very least a fire hazard, but we can't take them for disposal? If someone had some decent taste and maybe $100,000 they could really change this place a lot. It was very busy and the guests very diverse. Not a bad stop over on the motorcycle, but after a hard day of riding a nice shower and decent bed are requirements. Stop in and have a drink but I would look somewhere else for lodging.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Run_Forest_Run
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Unfortunately, the hotel is a huge rip off. The rooms are tiny tiny tiny...no tv, no ac, the bed sheets are rough- the pillows are small and rough, the bath towels are rough, the bathroom is so small that taking a shower was a task for me and I am only 5'3, 140 lbs. It was just...disappointing. I won't be coming back anytime soon. OH and the bed was hard as a board...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JTesta
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Going into this hotel and its lunch room overlooking the lake, one gets the feeling of going back in time. The porch, the lobby and bar all appear as it probably was back in the fifties or earlier. The wooden paneled walls are lined with animal trophies and antique outdoor equipment. Seeing the water planes take off was a treat. Only seeing the modern vehicles parked and passing by can break the mood.

The service was timely and pleasant. The menu provides a good number of choices for lunch. The food arrived well prepared and was enjoyable.The only problem was the number of flies in the dining area and at the table. That maybe due to the regular opening of the screen doors.

We asked to visit the upstairs rooms. The desk clerk did have time and lent us a key to view one of the available rooms. It was clean, small, with no TV. The hall and room decor is a moment in past time. There is a TV in a community sitting area and a community porch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 5 in Long Lake
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake? Share your experiences!