“Relaxation and relief”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Motel Long Lake and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Albany, New York
“Relaxation and relief”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm traveling around NY on business and had a very bad hotel experience at the beginning of the week. It made me terrified of local hotels. But Motel Long Lake was just what I needed. The pictures of the hotel rooms on their website is exactly what you get - no surprises. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. I love the small screened-in patio attached to each room. The TV was small and on the older side but it really made no difference to me. This area is beautiful and the motel was perfectly relaxing after my long week on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swingdancerebel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Finger Lakes, NY
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently stayed at Motel Long Lake and Cottages at the recommendation of friends. We were taking a little break from a hectic month of work and wanted to see some fall foliage. We stayed in The Sunset Cottage. It had a good sized living and kitchen area, 2 bedrooms, a large covered porch and a fireplace....It was perfect! It was very peaceful and quiet. Being surrounded by natural life was spiritually nourishing. The motel and cottages are very well kept up, most of the cottages are newly remodeled and it is obvious that the owners take pride in their property. We were there in the middle of the week and it was extremely private. The fireplace was so comforting at night and to wake up with in the morning. We ate locally at The Adirondack Hotel and The Cellar. Both had good food. We took a trip to Lake Placid one day, about a 1 hour trip north, to enjoy the fall foliage and it was spectacular! We visited The Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, about 20 minutes south, and were impressed. We had been there many years before and they have expanded the museum by adding many buildings and an outdoor village to highlight the history and culture of the Adirondacks. We were there for 3 hours and only viewed about 1/3 of the displays. Our whole trip was wonderful and we are going to make this an annual trip.

3 Thank dbs52
Oreland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My boyfriend & I drove up to Long Lake to spend the extended weekend. Long Lake is a very tiny town so if you're prepared for a vacation without the frills of cell service or late open dining options, then Motel Long Lake is your ideal vacation spot.

We stayed in cottage #20, the "chipmunk" it is the only two-story cottage on the property. We absolutely loved it. It was neat, clean, super cozy & appropriate for my boyfriend and I. We walked to the grocery store during the day to buy some items to cook with in the little kitchenette (not much for you to do since there is no oven!).

The view from our porch was fantastic. It was very quiet and peaceful & we enjoyed that. I had minimal contact with the owners of the property but I can tell they really care about the motel & cottages; I would see them walking around the property ensuring was going well. Kudos to them for renovating their cottages; I felt very comfortable staying in them. Checking in & out was a breeze & they were very welcoming.

The only issue I would say we had was the lack of dining options; there isn't much going on late-September & we were limited to about 3-4 nearby restaurants. Fortunately we had packed some snacks & purchased the necessary bread, milk, water, & eggs at the nearby grocery store. Also, the hours were very limited for wherever you went; some restaurants closed at 830p so you'll want to make sure you have your dinner plans set ahead of time.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this place if you're looking for vacation to relax and take in what the Adirondacks have to offer.

Room Tip: Don't be misguided by the map on the website; all of the cottages are within a decent distance t...
2 Thank Capella I
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My travel partner always uses TA to find us fine motels. This one is a winner. In the heart of the
Adirondacks, cottages and 70's motel units provide a fine nest for a weekend in the Dacks.
Perfect beds, with IKEA duvets, whip clean, spacious with a screened in balcony (housing the
fridg and microwave) looking over a small fall scene of water with red and yellow reflections.
Gorgeous coral walls, dark green bed skirts and carpeting with red accents mimic the colours
of Adirondack architecture. At 100 a night (off-season) September 18/19 it's a great buy. By
the way, it's right on Long Lake with a sandy beach - canoes and kayaks there to use. Big fun.

Rochester, NY
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Motel during Labor Day weekend, and found our room to be clean, comfortable, and fairly large. The decor was vintage, but in good repair, although we were a bit disappointed by the double (not queen) size beds. The bathroom had an awkward layout, and a few damaged tiles, and thicker towels or more of them would be welcome. The location was excellent, enough off the beaten bath to be quiet at night but within walking distance to town. I was a bit disappointed by the view of the road from across the lake along with road noise during the day, but it was a prime location for sunsets from the yellow Adirondack chairs at the end of the dock. There were also float planes taking off and landing several times a day from near the public beach. The view from the room did not seem as impressive as previous reviews would suggest, as it overlooked a small bay rather than the lake itself. Serene, yes, but not spectacular. The cabins appeared to have better views. The screened porch, refrigerator, and microwave were nice touches. Deep water swimming from the dock as well as a kids' beach were appreciated as were the kayaks and canoes for guest use. I found it a bit disconcerting that the office was not frequently staffed, but a walkie talkie call elicited a quick response. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lkr15
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just spent a week there in a cabin by the lake. It is a beautiful little spot, run by very friendly and helpful proprietors. Clean, sweet, steps to the tiny town of Long Lake. It boasts a sandy, private beach, kayaking, canoeing, deck grills in each cabin, and a fire on the beach at night. A soccer field, volleyball nets, and open air game room (ping pong, pool etc) are an added plus.

If you're thinking of a get away or one of the hundreds who've come to the neighborhood to pick up your future Oscar winner from Camp Long Lake, tarry here.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, you're stuck with the (still lovely) cabin without a view. Otherwise there ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa C
toronto
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We chose this motel based on Trip Advisor Reviews. We stayed in motel only, not cabins.

This motel is very clean and the owners are pleasant and helpful. The WIFI is excellent. We even picked up signal in town opposite the beach! You can walk to town and restaurants.

Bathroom is tiny, as others have stated, and if you are large, you will have difficulty getting in and shutting the door.

All the units look EXACTLY the same, and the numbers are not visible when you are facing the complex from the parking lot. Twice we had someone enter our unit. The first time, I was sleeping for an afternoon siestsa, and a young teenage boy entered with his head down in his Ipod. He closed the door and stood there for some time. When I woke up and started to put on my glasses he jumped out of his skin and ran out the door. Cursing and apologizing. I'm not sure who scared who more, as I was half-asleep and believing I was dreaming!

The second time, it was early morning and we could hear some folks outside packing up their car. Luckily we had the deadbolt on this time around. We could see the handle turning and a woman yelling at her husband to stop because he had the wrong unit.

That's the best advice I can give. Enjoy this pretty little spot in Long Lake.

Room Tip: The higher numbers are closer to the beach. We were in Unit #17. They go up to #19.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 6 in Inlet
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Motel Long Lake and Cottages? Share your experiences!