“Great Little Place”

Long Lake Diner
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Long Lake
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times, and have never been disappointed. This visit was right in the middle of a totally mobbed lunch rush. They were clearly overwhelmed, but two things impressed me: the waitstaff remained friendly and composed, despite several irate customers who had waiting a while for their food. When the food did arrive, it was properly cooked and not just thrown together. Under less challenging conditions, the Long Lake Diner delivers good quality, varied diner fare. The Reuben is excellent, as are the Wings!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a wonderful pizza and wings here. View of the lake as nice. Our waitress was our not only our waitress, but the cook and clean up crew! She made one of the best pizzas we've ever had! Even had left overs for breakfast!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently made our first visit to the Long Lake Diner, which is connected to the Owl's Head Pub. It was a Sunday at 1 p.m. and we had our choice of breakfast or lunch. We selected lunch, ordering soup, and sandwiches and onion rings. The soup of the day was turkey vegetable -- a delicious thick broth with plenty of turkey and interesting vegetables, including green beans and squash. Very tasty. My wife's grilled cheese on thick homemade bread was tasty, but the cheese could have used more melting. My tuna melt on marble rye came out with the cheese totally unmelted. The waitress gladly took it back, but then became occupied with other affairs, including checking out a table of six with separate checks. I flagged down someone who might have been the owner, who brought me my sandwich after first taking another order. The tuna melt was very good, but the cheese never quite melted all the way. The "red skin onion rings," which I ordered with the sandwich, were cooler by then and unfortunately were flavored with everything else that had been deep fried recently, leading me to assume that the fryer oil was very old. The soup and sandwiches weren't all that bad, so I'm hopeful that these are isolated incidents and plan to try the Long Lake Diner again on my next trip through.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great food with generous portions. Service was excellent with very little waiting. Friday Fish fry was yummie and Breakfast was very good. No was was hungry after leaving there. Highly recommended by Shamrock Motel & Cabins. Locals eat there which is a plus!!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Diner section was closed so we ate in bar area which was good. Hamburgers were very good decent price