“Good Food Good Service”

Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, New York, United States
“Good Food Good Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had 2 very nice meals (breakfast and dinner) at the Cellar. Both meals were very plentiful leaving us stuffed and satisfied. The service was pleasant and fast. Hope to make it back next time we are in the Long Lake area.

Morris County, NJ
“Good for breakfast and lunch. One bad experience.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We come to this area often from NJ to go canoe camping and geocaching and The Cellar has been a frequent stop for breakfast and lunch. Both have been excellent.

We came here for dinner for the first time this weekend and our experience was not so pleasant. My wife asked for a special order which seemed to annoy the server, however it was delivered as asked. From that moment on it seemed as if we didn't exist. My wife tried to get a glass of water however our server ignored us. When she passed close to the table my wife tried to hail her and she curtly said "Will ya give me a minute?" and 15 minutes later we still didn't get our water. Getting our check took forever. My wife tried to signal for the check and this server looked at her, rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen. Thirty minutes after our meal was done we had to ask another server for the check and she was very nice and apologetic about it . A few minutes later our waitress came by and rudely slapped the check down on the table without a word or even making eye contact. We briefly considered leaving her no tip at all considering the way we were treated.

As for the food, my "panko crusted lemon chicken" was overcooked and dry. The lemon sauce was unremarkable. My wife thought her salad was average.

That said, we've had many lunches and breakfasts here and everything was good. Burgers, eggs, whatever cooked to order and delicious. Before we encountered this server, everyone has been friendly and accommodating.

There is a limited but decent selection of beer on tap including some local micro brews that you may not be able to find elsewhere. Definitely a worthwhile stop if you are hungry and in the area and want breakfast or lunch, but I'd be wary of the dinner menu and would stick with the basics, which they seem to do well, and hopefully the one waitress we encountered has been re-trained.

Syracuse, New York
“Okay breakfast”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family stopped here for breakfast on Sept 1st. Breakfast was average and a bit expensive ( perhaps due to being in the Adirondacks). I asked for Ketchup and I believe it was actually watered down. The brand name label was removed from the plastic bottle....which may have been a coincidence but just wondered. Wait staff did a pretty good job making sure that coffee mugs were refilled. Had to ask for jam for toast and selection was poor.

Rochester, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised, positively”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are not a lot of restaurants in long lake. We stopped by the Cellar and from the outside I didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised. We had the onion rings (made from scratch) as an appetizer... they were very good. Kids had a pizza, which was an excellent thick pizza. Another person in our group had a burger, which was also excellent. Service was good, although I can see how this place could become quite busy. Would definitely recommend if looking for good food in the area.

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Good food/service”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped by on a Friday evening. The place was busy but our wait was only 20 minutes. The food was okay, not great, not bad. The staff works hard and hustles. Not a lot of choices in Long Lake.

• Visited August 2013