“Very average restaurant. Great Bar.”
Review of Masso

Masso
Ranked #200 of 280 Restaurants in Long Island City
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 th
Transit: #7 train to Vernon /Jackson Ave walk 2 blocks to 47th Road.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very average restaurant. Great Bar.”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'm not sure where "December 13, 2008" reviewer ate, because this is most definitely an Italian restaurant and not a French Bistro.

The food is very average Italian fare with very average service. However, it is a great place to go for the bar. The bartender is very attentive and the crowd, which I assume to be their neighborhood regulars, are very friendly and open with strangers.

• Visited December 2011

New York City, New York
“Unbalanced”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've been there twice. Unless you order the right thing on the menu, you don't know if it will be worth the cost. The first time I ordered the fish soup and I wish I had done the same for the second time as I was very disappointed at the outcome of a pasta dish. Nice atmosphere -- in winter avoid being near the door or fireplace.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank manya62692
Brooklyn, New York
“Probably not going back...”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We started off with the calamari appetizer which was fresh and tasty. For our entrees, the flank steak had great taste (a tad over-salted and under-cooked though) and a penne pasta dish was pretty good as well. Overall, the food was above average and prices reasonable. Service was OK. Only reason I probably won't go back is when they dropped the check they said they only take AMEX or cash. Luckily, it was one of the only times in the past few years I had plenty of cash on me, but normally, I'd be out of luck. Probably not heading back because I never carry cash and I don't have an AMEX. They should really rethink this issue...

New York City, New York
“Overcooked”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I've had two meals at Masso. I doubt I will have a third. My first was brunch, and I was sat next to their blazing hot fireplace. It was uncomfortable to say the least. I ordered the special steak benedict. My friend ordered the steak and eggs. Strangely enough, They both came out exactly the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought benedict implied poached eggs. Oh and how I love poached eggs! Alas, I got scrambled?!? My Medium steak arrived well done. there was so much wrong with my plate, I didn't recognize it as what I ordered, but the server informed me that she assumed I wanted scrambled eggs. Hmmm... As I was too hungry to argue, I ate it. I also decided to give Masso another try on the recommendation of a friend. I went for dinner and decided on the most expensive item. Steak frites. Once again, my steak was leather instead of medium rare. Don't get me started on the side salad with canned balsamic vinagrette. No more Masso for me.

New York
“Just another French Bistro”
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Masso is a typical French bistro; a dime a dozen in this area. Besides that, it offers only average fare. The brunch menu consists of various sandwiches, soups, salads, and entrees. The service and atmosphere are decent, but nothing to rave about.

Their house salad is essentially a massive mound of mixed greens with a light dressing. It could quite possibly be the blandest salad ever. From what I remember, it cost close to $10, as well! My wrap sandwich was great, but my friend's eggs were not to his liking. I even saw a table behind ours get repulsed by their dessert, sending it back without accepting a replacement.

So, basically, Masso is nothing special and probably not worth your time. Masso, I'm just not that into you.