“Last Night in NYC”

Dazie's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great experience, very nice decor and atmosphere, prompt wait staff an very good stuffed mushrooms. My wife and I were stuffed when we left and we highly recommend, if your seeking authentic Italian.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Been meaning to review this for a long time. Was there a few weeks ago, but used to go often when I lived in Sunnyside. Very little has changed (except menu updates). Terrific!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

In gotham for business and I wanted Italian. My Boss and I went on the recommendation of the hotel concierge. The hotel shuttle dropped us off at the front door. It was nice and charming. The wait staff was prompt made us feel welcomed. I started with the egg and spinach soup. What a wonderful surprise. I believe they have an Italian grandma in the kitchen. I had the veal marsala which was as close to perfect as I have ever eaten. The marsala was flavorful and balanced the tender veal. Ah, the veal, it was moist and was full of taste. I cleaned my plate using the bread to finish off the sauce Now, dessert. I'm serious about dessert. I can recount the top ten places where I've eaten where they had stellar desserts. I have added Dazies onto this list. They have, without any doubt. the BEST tiramisu that I sank my fork into and enjoyed. It was a thin slice of heaven.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We loved this restauarant! Very nice atmosphere. Excellent food and service. Perfect timing for service. Yummy deserts.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

New York has thousands and thousands of Italian restaurants and it's hard to go wrong at any of them. While Dazie's has the same white tablecloths, fresh ingredients, and good wines you'd expect at a similar restaurant in Midtown Manhattan, it costs a lot less and also has a refreshing outer-borough informality. We stumbled on it by accident: I was staying near La Guardia and my friend lives in the Sunnyside area of Queens, so we met at the 40th Street MTA stop and stepped into the first promising-looking restaurant we saw. The tricolore salad (endive, arugula, and radicchio) was delicious, as was the cappellini primavera with garlic and olive oil. The waiters were courteous and efficient, and we enjoyed the piano music.