“Great View”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 49th Ave & East River
Transit: 7 Train to Vernon/Jackson Blvd stop. Just walk 2 blocks towards the east river. New York Water Taxi - 1 block /LIRR Hunter's Point Station
Description: Riverview Restaurant & Lounge commands the most spectacular views of New York City's skyline. We directly face the United Nations with Citicorp Center, Trump International Hotel and the Queensboro Bridge to the north, and the Chrysler and Empire State buildings to the south. Riverview Restaurant & Lounge is undeniably "A Room with a View."
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Love the food and the view .... Brunch on Sunday is a must go

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I just got home now and had to write this review (my first ever). I cannot recall ever having such lack of service (poor), especially, for a restaurant in this price range. It was not my first time here but had not been there in a long while and decided to go there with a friend. We were so caught up in our conversation and had not realized that close to an hour had past and our appetizers (two) had not been served. It was 9:20 PM and needless to say, we were very hungry. I had to call a different waiter (since we did not see our waitress) to point out that we were still waiting for our appetizers. In that interim, our waitress appeared and we explained the situation and she offered a round on the house of what we were drinking to compensate for this. We accepted naturally believing situation would improve from here but it did not. We spoke to another waiter who informed restaurant manager. Manager came and also offered a round of drinks while still waiting for our appetizers. Appetizers finally arrived. The beets were not fresh (appeared to be straight from a can). The spring rolls were not fresh/hot (appeared to be microwavable) and were not heated enough. Then our entrees finally arrived (by then my friend and I were just disgusted) and we ate what we can simply because it was late and we were very hungry. Eventually, very soon, we asked for the check and when it came there appeared to be an extra item on the check we did not order. We had to point this out and it was rectified. After all this, what really dismayed me was how the situation was handled by restaurant manager and staff. They seemed unapologetic, have lack of good intent and were unprofessional. A waiter (not ours) even told us that he agreed completely with us and told us there were problems in the kitchen -- seemed short staffed....etc. After this unpleasant experience, I had to advise on this website. DON'T GO THERE.

1  Thank ro2life
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My dad selected this restaurant for father's day brunch...our family has now decided he can no longer select places we will dine! : ) Pretty restaurant and friendly staff, then completely downhill from here. The service was probably one of the worst we have ever had. We waited about forty minutes for three appetizers to come out. The oysters were fresh and cold as they should be, the mussels were good but not special, calamari was lack luster and chewy. Two appetizer side plates were sent back as they were dirty. Waited over a half hour between finishing appetizers and having our main dishes come out. The French toast was two unappetizing-looking, flat, smooshed pieces of bread with cut up fruit on the side of the plate - some of the melon was overripe, some not yet ripe, some still had the rind still on and the strawberries mixed in still had pieces of the stems attached. Two people in our party ordered crepes - one was banana chocolate and the other, mixed fruit. In both orders, the crepes themselves were undercooked and rubbery. The fruit one had the same issues as the fruit that came with the French toast; the bananas were mushy and overripe in the other. The duck eggs benedict was tasteless. The veggie risotto was the only dish that was good, and it wasn't great. We skipped dessert and coffee as we expected anything ordered to be as unenjoyable as the rest of the meal had been and frankly didn't want to sit there any longer with how bad the service had been. It took two hours and fifteen minutes from beginning to end for a meal consisting of three appetizers for the table and five main dishes - that was enough for us! We will not be back.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I took my wife here for Mother's Day dinner. The restaurant offers inside or sidewalk dining with a view of Manhattan. The food was excellent and the prices reasonable. The service, while friendly, was a little spotty and could use a little improvement. All in all an enjoyable experience. We shall return. FYI: It's directly across from a river walkway.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I love the location and the food is always good. It was odd because a few flies were flying around the last time we went, but I guess that happens during the summer on the water. Other than that, the food and service is wonderful. A MUST TRY during the summer as an alternative to going into Manhattan which all us Queens folk like!