“Decent Italian in Long Island City”

Bella Via Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Via Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, CA
“Decent Italian in Long Island City”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My daughter and I had dinner here. We ordered the lamb shank and a pasta. The food quality was pretty good and the service was very good. I will go back.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“NOT GOOD”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I rarely write reviews but this pizza is DISGUSTING and exceptionally overpriced.

First of all, the pizza was totally soggy. The crust was pretty much mush, and it was sagging so badly that you could hardly take the pizza off the pan to put it on your plate and it couldn't hold the toppings up. It was lukewarm, if that.

To make matters worse, it's $2.50 per topping... $2.50 for a few pepperonis or a few pieces of pepper or something? I mean seriously? And that's PER TOPPING. If you want pepperoni and mushroom, that'll be $5. It's not like they were piling them on there either. I think I got maybe 2-3 pepperonis per (rather large) slice, if that.

The weirdest part of the entire thing? If you get the topping on only half of the pizza, you still get charged the same as if you had it on the full thing, even though it's only half as much topping. In what universe does that make even the most remote bit of sense? If you and a friend split a pizza and want different toppings - say 2 on one half and 2 on the other, plan on spending $10 on toppings alone. $32 for a pizza? LOL

Honestly, this is the worst pizza I've had in the city. Not sure where the positive reviews are coming from, but it must be their friends or something... Save your time and your money and go get a $1 slice from one of those places on the corner. It's infinitely better. I won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lots of choices in the area and we lucked into this one. I had Pasta Carbonara and OMG it was so rich and so good. We found all the food in New York expensive by Texas standards so this one was a good value.

• Visited August 2013
Yorkshire, UK
“Decent Italian in LIC”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

After not being able to find the original restraunt we were looking for in LIC, we ended up at Bella Via. The atomsphere and decor was very nice and it seemed like lots of locals frequented the establishment but perhaps I chose the wrong dish but the calzone pizza was pretty bland although there was lots of it. My wife also found her dish not to her taste. The price of the meal was reasonable but it would not be my choice in future.

• Visited June 2013
Accra, Ghana
“Very good dinner, pleasant atmosphere, efficient waiters”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The place is clean and is well situated on the corner. There were actually many couples during our stay, but clearly they can also handle a bigger group.

Starters and pasta were good. The wine selection was actually pretty OK as well. The waiter was informative and efficient. The tiramisu was perfectly light.

I would come back to this place.

Visited May 2013