“Great Stay for the Price”
Review of City View Inn

City View Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay for the Price”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I chose this hotel because the price was literally half of other hotels in NYC. the room was large and clean, and we had absolutely no issues. It is a bit far from the subway (the hotel offers shuttle service until 10 pm) so we had to walk back to the hotel at night. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. BUT if you want luxury amenities, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is located 10-15 min walking distance to Lowery metro station (20 minutes to Time Square). Surrounding is not very pleasant but becomes nice just two blocks from there. Staff is nice but the hotel is a bit disorganized : e.g., no safe place to leave your luggage if you arrive early and the computers are old and don't work well (not convenient to print your boarding pass). Rooms are clean and wi-fi works fine. Breakfast is Ok according to North-American standard

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were kindly greeted during the check-in. All of our questions were patiently answered. (It was past 10 pm when we arrived there.) The staffs were nice, even the cleaning persons. Breakfast were perfect. Room was clean and big. Although the parking lot is small, but it is free parking and you know this is located in NYC.

I just stayed there for 1 night, but the experience was greatly impressed.

Price is a little bit high, but it is normal in NYC. The location is great, very close to Manhatton area.

Room Tip: There is a cemetery close to this hotel. But you know, most people think it is a place that is close...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lu L
New York, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Breakfast was awesome and the attendant was courteous, hotel room was nice enough and clean. The floor was quiet and the bed was comfortable enough. Great proximity to Manhattan and I would definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Louise V
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hi, I was only in town for one night on Feb 7th so I figure I stay here despite all the bad reviews. I got there at 1 and I didn't think I was going to get a room since check in is at 3. BiBi was the front desk person and she got me in a room right away. I went in and it smelled like smoke so I went back down and told her. She did not give me an attitude and was quite nice about it. She upgraded me to the "penthouse" lol (5th floor) with a king bed instead of the double room I had. It is not like the ritz or anything but it was doable. I would def stay there again and BiBi was GREAT!! The only thing I would say sucks is the elevator takes forever and its old so they need to upgrade that STAT. But other than that, not a bad stay and it took me a while to write a review because I totally forgot and I just got a reminder email from TA today. Again, BiBi is your girl if you need anything and location was great.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 5th floor are bigger
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Kati510
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Again I had a wonderful stay. Attendant BIBI wad great as always. Best Western should be happy to have her working for them. 5 Stars to her. Cleaning lady SOFIA was also great. See you guys on Valentine's Day. Make my stay a good one again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Being in the hospitality industry (chef & B&B owner) I loath awful reviews. Usually if I don't like a place, I just don't go back. But please, for your own sake - DO NOT STAY HERE. I am writing this on my 2nd night here. Leaving in the morning - thank goodness!! This is our 3rd time staying here. We have stayed because it CHEAP (notice I used the harsh term - not Inexpensive), it is close to friends and close to Manhattan... But I will NEVER stay here again!!! Our current room reeks of smoke and was classified a non-smoking room. There is a giant pizza box on top of the bureau that based on the looks of the leftover contents must be a least a week old. Looking in the corners of the rooms - they don't believe in dusting. The bathroom was covered in long hairs in various places (more that just an aggressive room cleaner losing a strand or two). I won't go into the rudeness of the front desk people - it makes me too angry to articulate their lack of professionalism, etc). The elevator is so slow, it has become a running joke between my husband and I. I won't go on, but do yourself a favor and put your money in a facility that is deserving of remaining in business!!

• Stayed February 2014