“Loved it and I don't eat meat!”
Review of Beija Flor

Beija Flor
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Brazilian restaurants are known for their meat dishes, but as a non-meat eater I am more interested in the side dishes. My meat-eating husband and I recently rented an apartment down the street and wandered into Beija Flor on our first outing. Both our meals were delicious. Of course he had plenty to choose from, and so did I. The beans, rice, collard greens, fried yucca, mashed potatoes and hot sauce hit the spot. I went back for lunch and had a nice chat with Lucia, the owner. She has created a sweet little neighborhood restaurant/bar with eye-appealing creative decor and wonderful food.

2  Thank Simskade
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed October 21, 2015

If you are staying in the area this place is close to the major hotels and is incredibly charming. Safe neighborhood and walking distance to the local hotels.

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank UsaBusytravel
Reviewed October 17, 2015

My husband and I were staying at the Verve Hotel and were looking for a restaurant that we could walk to. Trip Advisor reviews brought us to Beija-Flor. The food was great and the music was great. People at the other tables were singing to the music and kids were dancing around the restaurant. We felt like we were part of a big group of friends having a night out with great food, drinks, and music. I wish we had a place like this in St. Louis. Will definitely be back if we are in Long Island City again.

2  Thank Ringwald
Reviewed October 12, 2015 via mobile

Arrived at the restaurant and was welcomed by vibrant Samba music. Diners were dancing and singing to the music and the atmosphere was fantastic! We ordered the Brazilian fried chicken, grilled steak and traditional seafood stew. Food was tasty and delicious without the use of much salt (as we didn't feel thirsty after the meal). Will certainly visit again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank Ericsobasogood
Reviewed October 2, 2015

The place is great from top to bottom. Friendly staff and patrons. Great food and music. Food is brilliant. One visit and you will become a fan.

Date of visit: September 2015